French designer FX Balléry has designed a collection of brightly-coloured vases that look like sections of plumbing pipes.
Called Pretty Vases Collection, the objects are made of PVC for French brand Domeau&Pérès.
Photographs are by Fred Dumur.
Here's some more text from FX Balléry:
Pretty Vase Collection
Design: Francois Xavier Ballery for Domeau&Pérès
Domeau&Pérès are are collaborating with FX Balléry in order to launch a collection of totally new vases in many shapes. FX Balléry has chosen these sections of water pipes in PVC and has drawn his inspiration from construction games by using the object in a novel way from its original function.
According to FX Balléry "This collection of vases is the perfect human adventure between Domeau&Pérès and myself."
It is a spontaneous object, a surprising micro-architecture composed of industrial materials which reveal a new version of DIY: ultra-modern, the Pretty Vase collection is lacquered, and can be adapted according to your wants and needs. The useful becomes beautiful, and durable.
- New collection aims to take Habitat "bac…k to what it was many years ago"
- Pillhead lamps by A+Z Design
- More from Stuart Haygarth
- Cityscape by Arne Quinze
- Magnetised clay defies gravity to form c…eramics by Jólan van der Wiel
- Stir It by Anna Blattert for Postfossil
- Dezeen Screen: garden design by Wilson M…cWilliam Studio
- Roger Arquer designs a nutcracker to "ti…ckle the soul"
- Butter Chair by DesignByThem
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories