Spanish designers CuldeSac have designed a sofa using techniques borrowed from automobile manufacture.
Called Atlantic Sofa, the piece has a dark wooden base and upholstered leather seat.
More about CuldeSac on Dezeen:
Here's some text from CuldeSac:
“The Atlantic sofa, designed by Culdesac for Bernhardt Design, explores a new language which we have coined “Technological Virtuous”, as it integrates technology and technique. Its design is based in the automobile manufacturing, a contemporary industry that was developed along with these premises. By integrating the wood structure and the upholster, we have achieved a unique sofa, which is perceived as a whole.
We wanted to explore a new language between the wood structure and the upholster, we wanted to explore the way both materials communicate with each other, based on words like: Integration
For this we coin the term “Technological Virtuoso “ as a concept of integration where the combination of the pieces conform and are perceived as a whole.”
Designed by CuldeSac™
Produced by Bernhardt Design
Materials: Wood structure covered by upholstered cushions
- Optical chandelier by Stuart Haygarth
- Blastfurnace at Carpenters Workshop Gall…ery by Atelier Van Lieshout
- Meta launch in Milan
- Vermis by Malene Hartmann Rasmussen
- Well Transparent Chair by Ron Arad
- XTable by KiBiSi
- Dezeen Screen: LunaTik and TikTok by Sco…tt Wilson
- Manuscript by Paul Cocksedge Studio
- New Amsterdam Chair by UNStudio for Wild…e + Spieth
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories