Called saucer, the product was launched at imm Cologne in Germany last week.
The hook is made of a bent wire rod with a thin metal plate on top.
See all our stories about Cologne 2010 in our special category.
The following text is from Degenhardt:
Saucer by Colgne-based architect and industrial designer Eric Degenhardt - the new simple coat hook has been launched at the imm cologne 2010 - by German manufacturer Schönbuch who specialises in functional furniture for hallways.
The bent wire rod hook works with and without coat hangers or cambrels. The sharp bent loop allows even storing rackets and umbrellas. A hovering saucer-like thin metal plate works as key or cap rest. The matte powder coated hook comes in different colours.
- Ikepod wristwatches by Marc Newson
- Bucket Vase by Qubus Design Studio
- Shenzhen International Airport Terminal …3 by Massimiliano and Doriana Fuksas
- OLPC XO-3 by fuseproject
- iPad by Apple
- Aston Martin's Vantage GT3 is designed t…o "bridge the gap between road and track"
- Dezeen Platform: Ariane Prin
- Comic Spurs typeface is Comic Sans with …added irony
- Intifada by Carlos No
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories