Called Hand Forged, the lightweight stools and tables are sand-blasted and anodised.
The project was one of three winners at this year's [D3] contest at imm Cologne. See the other winners and exhibitors in our earlier story.
We’ll post the movies from the Dezeentalks soon, including Renault interviewed by Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs.
Here's some more information from the designer:
This project is inspired from the art and work of forging steel. My objective was to source inspiration in these archetypal processes and techniques and apply them to aluminium, a more contemporary and suitable material.
The result is a series of surprisingly lightweight and versatile objects. The project results in a family of items that associate standard aluminium extrusions with elements made using forgery skills and details.
The use of aluminium enables anodisation, a durable and appropriate surface finish.
Before this finishing touch, the aluminium parts have been sand gritted in order to obtain a rather rough texture, emphasizing the surface qualities usually found in steel.
These objects are a dialogue between industry standards and near-craft techniques, mixed into one-another in order to obtain durable, comfortable and insightful products.
VERY LOW STOOL
H34 L38 D 30
H42 L46 D28
H69 L38 D30
H75 L73 D73
- Cardboard Bicycle by Izhar Gafni
- Vondel Verses by Anouk Vogel and Johan S…elbing
- Feathr launches wallpaper by tattooists,… graffiti artists and surfwear designers
- BLOWN lamp by Samuel Wilkinson for &trad…ition
- Today at Dezeen Platform: JAILmake
- Hook pans by Karim Rashid for TVS
- WA|HH by Philippe Starck and David Edwar…ds
- Grandi Legni by Andrea Branzi
- Discipline launches in Milan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories