Stockholm 2010: Swedish designer Anna Kraitz has designed a sofa for furniture company Kallemo with a leather belt strapped around the backrest, which is on show at the Stockholm Furniture Fair this week.
Called Mama Lock, the sofa is 'wearing' the designer's own belt, and is part of a body of work exploring Kraitz' relationship with her young daughter.
See all our stories about Stockholm 2010 in our special category.
Here is some more information from the Anna Kraits:
The belt around the back of the sofa is actually my own favorite belt, and thus – through the belt – my sofa is an extension of myself. I like the thought of having accessories even on products – not only on clothes.
I have earlier been working with a serial of vases in porcelain (called "early bird") that illustrated my mornings with my daughter and this sofa is in a way a continuation of that project. The legs on the sofa illustrates a kind of pantalettes.
- Front win Designer of the Future Award
- Felice Varini paints perspective-dependa…nt artwork across Belgian city
- Tableware as Sensorial Stimuli by Jinhyu…n Jeon
- Bungy Sofa by Leala Dymond
- Paralympic design: Flex-Foot Cheetah bla…des
- Traffic by Konstantin Grcic for Magis
- Library bus by Muungano
- Tweety table lamp by Giorgio Bonaguro
- "Everybody could have their body scanned… and order clothes that fit perfectly"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories