Stockholm 2010: Swedish designer Anna Kraitz has designed a sofa for furniture company Kallemo with a leather belt strapped around the backrest, which is on show at the Stockholm Furniture Fair this week.
Called Mama Lock, the sofa is 'wearing' the designer's own belt, and is part of a body of work exploring Kraitz' relationship with her young daughter.
See all our stories about Stockholm 2010 in our special category.
Here is some more information from the Anna Kraits:
The belt around the back of the sofa is actually my own favorite belt, and thus – through the belt – my sofa is an extension of myself. I like the thought of having accessories even on products – not only on clothes.
I have earlier been working with a serial of vases in porcelain (called "early bird") that illustrated my mornings with my daughter and this sofa is in a way a continuation of that project. The legs on the sofa illustrates a kind of pantalettes.
- 28 Series Desk Lamp by Omer Arbel for …Bocci
- Fishline Chair by Nendo
- LED hats by Moritz Waldemeyer for Phil…ip Treacy
- To Become One by Erwin Zwiers
- Tokyo Designers Week interview: Tom Di…xon
- London 2012 Olympic Cauldron by Thomas… Heatherwick
- Gift light by Stuart Haygarth
- Offcut and Slab stools by Tom Dixon
- NetJets 7X fleet by Norman Foster
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories