Designer Reinhard Dienes of Germany has designed a pendant lamp made of tinted blown glass and pressed aluminium.
Called Friday, the design features brightly coloured flexes and was shown at imm Cologne last month.
More about Reinhard Dienes on Dezeen: Tonic furniture (January 2009)
Here's a little text from Reinhard Dienes:
Two traditional techniques convene to create the Friday Lamp. The combination of pressed aluminum and blown glass produces a unique and interesting composition. Friday is used as a suspension or a table lamp generating an warm pleasant light.
Tinted glass and aluminum
- Feathr launches wallpaper by tattooists,… graffiti artists and surfwear designers
- Fabrica Decorative System by Sam Baron
- Bodo Sperlein chandeliers for Lladró
- "These products don't look like they've …been made by people living on the street" - Pepe Heykoop
- Cabaret Voltaire by Designliga
- Dutch designers collaborate for Low Mot…ion exhibition
- Tamago by Merci Design
- Kirk chair by Patrick Frey for Vial
- Objects by Estudio Carme Pinós
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories