Designer Reinhard Dienes of Germany has designed a pendant lamp made of tinted blown glass and pressed aluminium.
Called Friday, the design features brightly coloured flexes and was shown at imm Cologne last month.
More about Reinhard Dienes on Dezeen: Tonic furniture (January 2009)
Here's a little text from Reinhard Dienes:
Two traditional techniques convene to create the Friday Lamp. The combination of pressed aluminum and blown glass produces a unique and interesting composition. Friday is used as a suspension or a table lamp generating an warm pleasant light.
Tinted glass and aluminum
- Dezeen's top ten products at Maison & Ob…jet
- Doshi Levien for Moroso
- Dezeen podcast: Object Rotterdam 2010
- Font Alphabet Puzzle by Looodus
- Nendo shifts shelves and surfaces for Sl…ide glass furniture
- Per Finne's Umami Santoku knife combines… Norwegian and Japanese design
- Magnetic Bike Lights by Copenhagen Parts
- Tracks Headphone Series by Aiaiai and Ki…lo Design
- Castor by Big-Game for Karimoku New Stan…dard
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories