Designer Reinhard Dienes of Germany has designed a pendant lamp made of tinted blown glass and pressed aluminium.
Called Friday, the design features brightly coloured flexes and was shown at imm Cologne last month.
More about Reinhard Dienes on Dezeen: Tonic furniture (January 2009)
Here's a little text from Reinhard Dienes:
Two traditional techniques convene to create the Friday Lamp. The combination of pressed aluminum and blown glass produces a unique and interesting composition. Friday is used as a suspension or a table lamp generating an warm pleasant light.
Tinted glass and aluminum
- SCP Autumn/Winter collection 2013
- Patricia Urquiola designs slanted water …jug for Bilbao restaurants
- Mouth Factory by Cheng Guo
- Yulia Yadryshnikova bases capsule fashio…n collection on Luca Nichetto's sofa cover
- The Possibilities of Parts by Studio lvw…p
- Lasvit's new lighting collections "combi…ne craftsmanship with advanced technology"
- Melbourne Project by Sigurd Larsen
- OpenStructures by Thomas Lommée
- Kohei Nawa's Foam installation created a… cloud-like landscape of soapy bubbles
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories