Designer Reinhard Dienes of Germany has designed a pendant lamp made of tinted blown glass and pressed aluminium.
Called Friday, the design features brightly coloured flexes and was shown at imm Cologne last month.
More about Reinhard Dienes on Dezeen: Tonic furniture (January 2009)
Here's a little text from Reinhard Dienes:
Two traditional techniques convene to create the Friday Lamp. The combination of pressed aluminum and blown glass produces a unique and interesting composition. Friday is used as a suspension or a table lamp generating an warm pleasant light.
Tinted glass and aluminum
- C-X75 by Jaguar
- Claudio Silvestrin for MinottiCucine
- The Back Room by Studio Toogood
- Mind Chair by Beta Tank
- 251 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezeen …Watch Store
- OMA's furniture collection for Knoll "…turns industry into a fetish"
- Fab.com and One Nordic reveal first co…llection under new design brand Hem
- Interview with Matthew Hilton
- Papa de Tenerife Packaging by Héctor …Serrano
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories