Designer Reinhard Dienes of Germany has designed a pendant lamp made of tinted blown glass and pressed aluminium.
Called Friday, the design features brightly coloured flexes and was shown at imm Cologne last month.
More about Reinhard Dienes on Dezeen: Tonic furniture (January 2009)
Here's a little text from Reinhard Dienes:
Two traditional techniques convene to create the Friday Lamp. The combination of pressed aluminum and blown glass produces a unique and interesting composition. Friday is used as a suspension or a table lamp generating an warm pleasant light.
Tinted glass and aluminum
- Digital flower animation by Daniel Brown… based on exhibits at Dundee museum
- L.O.F.T by Maciek Wojcicki
- New magazines: "Our goal was to map the …domestic landscape"
- Adidas launches Springblade Razor traine…rs with soles made of curved pads
- Natura by Héctor Serrano for La Mediter…ranea
- Starting today: dezeen at Design Indaba
- By a Thread by Dominic Wilcox
- Father's Day gifts at Dezeen Watch Store
- Fracture by Itay Ohaly
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories