Designer Reinhard Dienes of Germany has designed a pendant lamp made of tinted blown glass and pressed aluminium.
Called Friday, the design features brightly coloured flexes and was shown at imm Cologne last month.
More about Reinhard Dienes on Dezeen: Tonic furniture (January 2009)
Here's a little text from Reinhard Dienes:
Two traditional techniques convene to create the Friday Lamp. The combination of pressed aluminum and blown glass produces a unique and interesting composition. Friday is used as a suspension or a table lamp generating an warm pleasant light.
Tinted glass and aluminum
- "You don't have to be an expert to do am…azing things" - Sugru founder
- Ingo Maurer with Ron Arad
- Famous buildings become abstract blocks …of colour in Federico Babina's Archishape series
- Dezeen Platform: Paula Benvegnú
- 100% Design and Brompton Cross Design Di…strict video
- Collapse lamp by Hayo Gebauer
- Handmade rugs by Doshi Levien pay homage… to tribal Indian folk embroidery
- Picnic by Junya Ishigami
- Here! Sod T-Shirt Packaging by Prompt De…sign
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories