Lyon designers USIN-e have designed a series of furniture made of wooden batons joined by folded metal parts.
Called Pleats, the series includes a coat stand, stool and trestles.
USIN-e was founded in September 2009 by Rémi Bouhaniche and Amaury Poudray.
Photographs are by Laure Melone.
The text below is from the designers:
We would like to introduce you, our new collection called Pleats. The series is composed by two trestles, one low table and one coat rack. In each object, the metal sheets link the wooden pieces together.
Pleats, pits the weight of the material against the empty space's lightness. In order to provide to each of the components, a vital breath, we use the emptiness to connect the materials.
Through this range Pleats, we create a language both simple and sophisticated situated in between, the “haute couture”, industry and craft works.
Situated between experimental objects and very functional items, USIN-e combine different things that apparently can not be sticked together.
From this procedure, USIN-e deals with lightness and robustness, emptiness and massivity, surfaces and structures, elegance and raw, poetry and reality. USIN-e try to keep objects as opened as possible to never close our imaginary and sensitivity.
Designers: Rémi Bouhaniche, Amaury Poudray
Production: AD, association de designers Christophe Bailleux
Copyrights pictures: Laure Melone
- Globe lights by Studio Vit
- Form Us With Love draws giant natural ob…jects for first graphics collection
- Everyday Special by Mr Jones Watches
- OMA designs installation for the launch …of furniture collection by Maarten van Severen
- 2013 was "a year of seminal women design…ers" says Design Miami director
- Gift by Paul Cocksedge for Hotel Chocola…t
- Pressed Chair by Harry Thaler
- Design Indaba videos: Revital Cohen
- Sofa Lamp by CuldeSac and Héctor Serran…o
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories