Hungarian architects Zsanett Benedek and Dániel Lakos of Tervhivatal have divided an office in Budapest in the loft of a former textile factory by building boxes.
Called Goldberger, the project is divided into smaller offices and meeting rooms by these plaster-board boxes on steel frames, which are elevated slightly to denote corridors between them.
One smaller box is suspended from the ceiling to form a hanging desk (below).
Above: The hung table-box designed by Wanda Reich.
The boxes are lit from beneath with LEDs and at night the space is used as a club venue.
Above: The manager’s room.
Captions are provided by the architects.
Above: A hidden LED lighting is installed under the boxes. On the evenings the office changes to a club so the office is used for venue as well.
Above: Reception box facing the entrance. Behind it is a small meeting room.
Above: The large meeting room with the service counter in the background.
Above: The bar with the service counter.
Above: Spaces between the boxes functioning as hallways.
Photographs are by Tamás Bujnovszky.
Above: Some of the boxes are floating others are attached to the floor.
Above: A narrow steel walkway between two boxes.
Above: The external corridor of the building seen from inside the office. The plumbing and electric lines are covered with pebbles.
Above: The interior of the manager’s room. The floor is covered with grey linoleum.
Above: The counter-arched ceiling provides a contrast between the boxes.
Above: The floor is made of polished concrete.
Above: The logotype of the firm is a rotating box.
Click for larger image
Above: Steel frames of the boxes.
Click for larger image
Design: Zsanett Benedek & Dániel Lakos
Box interiors: Wanda Reich and Noémi Varga
Materials: plasterboard on steel structure
Photography: Tamás Bujnovszky
- Steel structure provides storage and sea…ting at Apartment in the 6th by CUT Architectures
- Wonderwall’s Bape Kids opens in Tokyo
- Aim Architecture designs "back to the fu…ture" interiors for Shanghai shopping centre
- Workshop in the Attic by PL.architekci
- Arnsdorf temporary concept store by Edwa…rds Moore
- ZMS Schwandorf Administration Building b…y Archimedialab
- OMA drapes wooden curtains in Maison Ull…ens flagship store
- Siki Im concept store by Leong Leong
- Blu Apple by Budi Pradono architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories