In Milan last month Japanese brand plusminuszero launched a watch where the strap slots through the back of the case.
Called ZFW, the design comes with a leather or fabric strap, which can be easily interchanged by sliding it through loops in the case.
More about plusminuszero on Dezeen:
See all our stories about Milan 2010 in our special category.
Here's some more information from plusminuszero:
The strap of this watch simply threads through the back of the face, and so can easily be changed. Because there are no side pins to secure the watch straps in place, the watch looks like a clean and beautiful single entity. The simple feel of it, like a simple necklace made from a leather cord threaded through a ring, is good.
- High-visible watch face
- Equipped Japanese made quartz movement
- Easily changed strap
ZFW-T001 (case: black specular, dial: black, band: black leather)
ZFW-T002 (case: silver specular, dial: white, band: gray leather)
ZFW-T003 (case: black hairline, dial: black, band: black fabric)
ZFW-T004 (case: silver hairline, dial: white, band: green fabric)
Material: stainless steel band – leather or PP
Functions: clock display (hours, minutes, seconds)
Accuracy: ±20 sec/month
Power source: silver oxide battery x 1
Battery life: approx 3 years
Water resistance: 3 atmospheric pressures
Dimensions: 40.2mm (outer diameter of case)
|Dezeen’s top ten:
watches and clocks
- Analogia Project and Alessio Sarri sha…pe vases with explosives
- Mutewatch at Dezeen Watch Store
- Doshi Levien's rugs for Nanimarquina c…apture the "joy and celebration of the Rabari"
- Keer Chair by Reinier de Jong 2
- Tapehook by Torafu Architects
- Brickchair by Pepe Heykoop
- New Fiat 500
- Dezeen Screen: the Yachiyo metal rugby… Philippe Malouin
- TV Easel by Axel Bjurström
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories