French architect Stephan Ricci AKA Architerroriste has designed a conceptual house shaped like a pair of binoculars and surrounded by a nest.
Called Nest House, the self-sufficient building would have a layer of criss-crossing batons over the exterior and large windows at each end.
Here are some more musings from Architerroriste:
This is a conceptual project. I am an architect but also an artist with as medium " architecture ".
This project is an abstract vision of what could be the ecological habitat in few years.
It is a self sufficient house in energy and water. It is equipped with solar panels.
It is also equipped with a wind turbine that generates electricity but also recovers the water with ambiant humidity. And finally a pool of rainwater.
The first skin is as a nest a protection.
The second skin was thinking more like an egg - it's a structural skin but also insulation.
The project of "home-nest" with a view to radically break with the existing conventional system, giving way to a mode of living an ideal and aesthetically écologique.
"Habitat" in ecology refers to the natural life of a plant or animal species. While in human geography "habitat" is the tenure of space by humans in a function of accommodation.
To deal with this theme of "Utopia" it appeared evident to merge these two senses of the word "habitat" to create a home that is functional, economical and environmentally friendly.
In other words, a home self-sufficient in energy (wind, rainwater collection, solar panels etc ...) containing all the principles of contemporary architecture and adapted to natural environments or urban wild.
|National Stadium Beijing
by Herzog & de Meuron
|Weaver’s Nest by
- Hilltop staircase by NEXT Architects cre…ates the illusion of an endless walkway
- Garden chapel by AZL Architects features… semi-transparent walls and a butterfly roof
- Local Architecture's Confignon House fea…tures concrete walls and a zig-zagging roof
- New photographs reveal the inside of Her…zog & de Meuron's Elbphilharmonie
- Abandoned Soviet architecture photograph…ed by Rebecca Litchfield
- SIP Panel House by Alejandro Soffia and …Gabriel Rudolphy
- Shanghai Oriental Sports Centre by GMP A…rchitekten
- Silence by Tadao Ando and Blair Associat…es
- Glazed house extension by GKMP Architect…s "feels like part of the garden"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories