French designers Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec have fitted out an apartment inside the iconic Unité d’Habitation project in Marseille by Le Corbusier.
Called Apartment 50, the project is a lived-in apartment to be opened to the public from 15 July to 15 August.
Here's some more information from Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec:
It all started early this year when Jasper Morrison introduced us to the owners of one of the apartments in the housing block unit of the Marseille-based Radiant City.
The Apartment 50 is not a museum; it is a lived-in space that we remodelled – just for the time of the summer season.
We decided to feature a selection of objects from our collection of designs which seemed to rightly fit in this apartment and match the way the owners are living in it.
As an echo to Charlotte Perriand and Jean Prouvé’s original furniture of the space, it seemed natural to us to articulate the remodelling around the SteelWood collection, Magis – including a table, some chairs and a shelving system.
Additionally, while remembering that Le Corbusier had a special interest in tapestries, we felt comfortable with the idea of installing a group of Clouds, Kvadrat up on the wall.
Finally, a Zip carpet, Vitra and two of our latest lighting designs, including Lampalumina, Bitossi and LightHouse, Established & Sons and Venini, complete this ephemeral remodelling project.
Opening days/hours: From July 15 to August 15, Tuesday to Saturday from 2PM to 6PM
Unité d’habitation Le Corbusier
Appartement 50, 5ème rue
280 boulevard Michelet
|Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
at Galerie Kreo
|Lampada by Ronan
and Erwan Bouroullec
|Le Corbusier’s Cabanon
– the interior 1:1
- Espasso launches Oscar Niemeyer and Jorg…e Zalszupin furniture re-editions
- OMA's temporary auditorium at Selfridges… features mirrored walls and an Op Art floor
- Matali Crasset completes dessert-themed …common room for French culinary school
- Stellar by Tokujin Yoshioka at Swarovski… Crystal Palace
- KIVI NIRIA auditorium by AAArchitects
- Sticks by Emmanuelle Moureaux for Issey …Miyake
- Maison des Maîtres by Minale Design Str…ategy
- ROC Apeldoorn reception area by Tjep.
- Pupa by Lazerian
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories