DMY: this calendar by German designer Susanna Hertrich shreds paper displaying each passing day.
Called Chrono Shredder, the piece displays the dates on a scroll of paper, showing the current day while all the past dates are shredded up to curl in a heap on the floor.
See all our stories about DMY Berlin in our special category.
Here's some more information from Hertrich:
The machine as performer. Chrono-Shredder is a poetic time-object that reminds us of the volatileness of the »now«. As hybrid object with functions similar to those of a calendar and a clock, it shreds every single day in realtime. All that time that is irrevisibly lost gets a tangible existence in form of shredded paper. As time passes by, the tattered remains of the past pile up under the device.
|Hamster Shredder by
|One Day Paper Waste
by Jens Praet
- Aesh and Tweed collection by Georg Oehle…r fuses British and Austrian design
- Tyvek Vase by Jiwon Choi
- Pi Watch by Ben McCarthy for Workshopped
- Apparitions by Matali Crasset, Mathias G…aillaguet and Michel Bulteau
- Work Sofa by Studio Makkink & Bey
- Discarded marble tiles form products by …Paolo Ulian and Moreno Ratti
- Litho by Thibault Desombre for Ligne Ros…et
- Hood by Form Us With Love for Ateljé Ly…ktan
- Mutagenesis by Arne Quinze at Abitare Il… Tempo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories