DMY: this calendar by German designer Susanna Hertrich shreds paper displaying each passing day.
Called Chrono Shredder, the piece displays the dates on a scroll of paper, showing the current day while all the past dates are shredded up to curl in a heap on the floor.
See all our stories about DMY Berlin in our special category.
Here's some more information from Hertrich:
The machine as performer. Chrono-Shredder is a poetic time-object that reminds us of the volatileness of the »now«. As hybrid object with functions similar to those of a calendar and a clock, it shreds every single day in realtime. All that time that is irrevisibly lost gets a tangible existence in form of shredded paper. As time passes by, the tattered remains of the past pile up under the device.
|Hamster Shredder by
|One Day Paper Waste
by Jens Praet
- Interview: Dominic Wilcox at Dezeen S…pace
- A Dolls' House by David Adjaye, Zaha H…adid, FAT, dRMM and others
- Studio Swine's Meteorite Shoes simulat…e space debris
- PomPom Mirror creates "reflections" wi…th tufts of fur
- Maarten Baas and Bertjan Pot team up f…or funfair-influenced lighting collection
- Oslo by Angell, Wyller & Aarseth for B…ernhardt Design
- Claesson Koivisto Rune designs giant c…onical pendant lamps for Wästberg
- TransPlastic by Campana Brothers 2
- Reed Krakoff creates furniture made fr…om felt for Established & Sons
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories