DMY: this calendar by German designer Susanna Hertrich shreds paper displaying each passing day.
Called Chrono Shredder, the piece displays the dates on a scroll of paper, showing the current day while all the past dates are shredded up to curl in a heap on the floor.
See all our stories about DMY Berlin in our special category.
Here's some more information from Hertrich:
The machine as performer. Chrono-Shredder is a poetic time-object that reminds us of the volatileness of the »now«. As hybrid object with functions similar to those of a calendar and a clock, it shreds every single day in realtime. All that time that is irrevisibly lost gets a tangible existence in form of shredded paper. As time passes by, the tattered remains of the past pile up under the device.
|Hamster Shredder by
|One Day Paper Waste
by Jens Praet
- Hush by Freyja Sewell
- Simplissimo by Jean Nouvel for Ligne Ros…et
- Parlour Lighting by Donna Bates
- Chipperfield w102 by David Chipperfield …for Wästberg
- Synthetic materials can "behave like liv…ing cells"
- Movie: Thomas Heatherwick on designing a… boat for the Loire
- Dezeen Screen: The Solar Sinter by Marku…s Kayser
- Change the Record by Paul Cocksedge
- Kelp Objects by Julia Lohmann
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories