DMY: this calendar by German designer Susanna Hertrich shreds paper displaying each passing day.
Called Chrono Shredder, the piece displays the dates on a scroll of paper, showing the current day while all the past dates are shredded up to curl in a heap on the floor.
See all our stories about DMY Berlin in our special category.
Here's some more information from Hertrich:
The machine as performer. Chrono-Shredder is a poetic time-object that reminds us of the volatileness of the »now«. As hybrid object with functions similar to those of a calendar and a clock, it shreds every single day in realtime. All that time that is irrevisibly lost gets a tangible existence in form of shredded paper. As time passes by, the tattered remains of the past pile up under the device.
|Hamster Shredder by
|One Day Paper Waste
by Jens Praet
- Dog or Bitch at Konarska-Konarski
- Lantern by Mathias Hahn for Ligne Rose…t
- A3 Animals by Michael Schoner
- Folded Leaf by Claesson Koivisto Rune
- Stud Chair by Hyung Suk Cho
- Evo Giant by Mondaine is now available… at Dezeen Watch Store
- World Cup 2014 final features "most te…sted" football ever
- Designed in Hackney: Little Printerby …BERG
- Dezeen podcast: Alberto Alessi at the …Design Museum
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories