DMY: this calendar by German designer Susanna Hertrich shreds paper displaying each passing day.
Called Chrono Shredder, the piece displays the dates on a scroll of paper, showing the current day while all the past dates are shredded up to curl in a heap on the floor.
See all our stories about DMY Berlin in our special category.
Here's some more information from Hertrich:
The machine as performer. Chrono-Shredder is a poetic time-object that reminds us of the volatileness of the »now«. As hybrid object with functions similar to those of a calendar and a clock, it shreds every single day in realtime. All that time that is irrevisibly lost gets a tangible existence in form of shredded paper. As time passes by, the tattered remains of the past pile up under the device.
|Hamster Shredder by
|One Day Paper Waste
by Jens Praet
- Imogen Heap's music gloves could help di…sabled people "fulfil what's in their head"
- "It's nice to make a modernist table in …an old artisanal way" - Hugo Passos
- Moss: Los Angeles
- Ron Arad adds two sofa designs to Moroso… collection
- Purple locket is a digital version of th…e traditional heirloom
- Concrete Chair by Tejo Remy & René Veen…huizen
- Moritz Waldemeyer puts laser beams in Hu…ssein Chalayan dresses
- Ausgebrannt by Kaspar Hamacher at 20 Des…igners at Biologiska
- Surveillance Light by Per Emanuelsson an…d Bastian Bischoff
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories