DMY: this calendar by German designer Susanna Hertrich shreds paper displaying each passing day.
Called Chrono Shredder, the piece displays the dates on a scroll of paper, showing the current day while all the past dates are shredded up to curl in a heap on the floor.
See all our stories about DMY Berlin in our special category.
Here's some more information from Hertrich:
The machine as performer. Chrono-Shredder is a poetic time-object that reminds us of the volatileness of the »now«. As hybrid object with functions similar to those of a calendar and a clock, it shreds every single day in realtime. All that time that is irrevisibly lost gets a tangible existence in form of shredded paper. As time passes by, the tattered remains of the past pile up under the device.
|Hamster Shredder by
|One Day Paper Waste
by Jens Praet
- Kishu by Maya Selway
- OP-light by Bilge Nur Saltik creates lum…inous optical illusions
- Camouflage light by Front for Zero
- Re-Imagined Chair by Studiomama for the …Stepney Green Design Collection
- Five years ago...
- Wool Modern Installation by Not Tom
- Succession by Fredrik Färg at 20 Design…ers at Biologiska
- Designed in Hackney: laser dresses by Hu…ssein Chalayan for Swarovski
- Design Indaba videos: Stephen Burks
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories