DMY: this calendar by German designer Susanna Hertrich shreds paper displaying each passing day.
Called Chrono Shredder, the piece displays the dates on a scroll of paper, showing the current day while all the past dates are shredded up to curl in a heap on the floor.
See all our stories about DMY Berlin in our special category.
Here's some more information from Hertrich:
The machine as performer. Chrono-Shredder is a poetic time-object that reminds us of the volatileness of the »now«. As hybrid object with functions similar to those of a calendar and a clock, it shreds every single day in realtime. All that time that is irrevisibly lost gets a tangible existence in form of shredded paper. As time passes by, the tattered remains of the past pile up under the device.
|Hamster Shredder by
|One Day Paper Waste
by Jens Praet
- Two Nuns Bike by Ron Arad
- Mercury by Ziiiro available in new colou…rs at Dezeen Watch Store
- Design Indaba videos: Stephen Burks
- Hellraiser by Karim Rashid for Alessi
- Pure by Jean Nouvel for Ruco Line
- Claesson Koivisto Rune designs giant con…ical pendant lamps for Wästberg
- Eugeni Quitllet joins plexiglass backres…ts to Tabu chairs for Alias
- Rewrite and Etagère de Coin at Ligne Ro…set Westend
- Too Late watches
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories