DMY: this calendar by German designer Susanna Hertrich shreds paper displaying each passing day.
Called Chrono Shredder, the piece displays the dates on a scroll of paper, showing the current day while all the past dates are shredded up to curl in a heap on the floor.
See all our stories about DMY Berlin in our special category.
Here's some more information from Hertrich:
The machine as performer. Chrono-Shredder is a poetic time-object that reminds us of the volatileness of the »now«. As hybrid object with functions similar to those of a calendar and a clock, it shreds every single day in realtime. All that time that is irrevisibly lost gets a tangible existence in form of shredded paper. As time passes by, the tattered remains of the past pile up under the device.
|Hamster Shredder by
|One Day Paper Waste
by Jens Praet
- Federico Babina creates "a Las Vegas of …architecture" with famous quotes
- City Camouflage by Roeland Otten
- Re-Imagined Chair by Studiomama for the …Stepney Green Design Collection
- Moving Forest by NL Architects
- ECAL students design interactive product…s that address "lack of humanness" in electronics
- My Couch, My Canvas by Annebet Philips
- Porosity Bench by Steven Holl Architects
- From Now to Eternity
- Dezeen Watch Store: VOID V03 by David Er…icsson
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories