DMY: this calendar by German designer Susanna Hertrich shreds paper displaying each passing day.
Called Chrono Shredder, the piece displays the dates on a scroll of paper, showing the current day while all the past dates are shredded up to curl in a heap on the floor.
See all our stories about DMY Berlin in our special category.
Here's some more information from Hertrich:
The machine as performer. Chrono-Shredder is a poetic time-object that reminds us of the volatileness of the »now«. As hybrid object with functions similar to those of a calendar and a clock, it shreds every single day in realtime. All that time that is irrevisibly lost gets a tangible existence in form of shredded paper. As time passes by, the tattered remains of the past pile up under the device.
|Hamster Shredder by
|One Day Paper Waste
by Jens Praet
- Nendo's 3D-moulded light shades use trad…itional washi paper
- Sake Bomb by Alexander Purcell
- Trash Me lamps by Victor Vetterlein
- FALT.series by Tim Mackerodt
- Renault unveils Kwid Concept car equippe…d with traffic-spotting drone
- Designed in Hackney: Puck Systemby Inter…national
- EVO Urban Utility Bike lets cyclists swa…p clip-on accessories
- Naar Inkt Vissen book printed with squid… ink by Today Designers
- Units for Reconstruction by Miguel Vieir…a Baptista
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories