DMY: this calendar by German designer Susanna Hertrich shreds paper displaying each passing day.
Called Chrono Shredder, the piece displays the dates on a scroll of paper, showing the current day while all the past dates are shredded up to curl in a heap on the floor.
See all our stories about DMY Berlin in our special category.
Here's some more information from Hertrich:
The machine as performer. Chrono-Shredder is a poetic time-object that reminds us of the volatileness of the »now«. As hybrid object with functions similar to those of a calendar and a clock, it shreds every single day in realtime. All that time that is irrevisibly lost gets a tangible existence in form of shredded paper. As time passes by, the tattered remains of the past pile up under the device.
|Hamster Shredder by
|One Day Paper Waste
by Jens Praet
- Gorenje Ora-Ito Collection
- Kora Vases by Studiopepe for Spotti Ediz…ioni
- Reversed Volumes by Mischer’Traxler
- Dragos Motica's Slash Lamp is designed t…o be broken
- Borselius attempts to perfect traditiona…l street lighting with Halo
- Designjunction is a place where "people …can get really excited about design"
- Styrofoam Sofa by Kwangho Lee
- Moustache products to form breathing ins…tallation at Spazio Rossana Orlandi
- Bote by Big-Game for Materia
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories