French architects Chartier-Carbasson have designed a football training centre in Amiens, France, with a sloping turf roof that merges with the adjacent field.
The centre's ground floor houses changing rooms, a sports hall and medical facilities with accommodation and offices above.
The neighbouring River Selle and the surrounding greenery can be viewed from the building's terraces and glazed training rooms.
Here's some more information from the architects:
The setting up of a training center has opened up a dialogue between domesticated nature, artificially represented by football pitches, and the untamed greenery on the banks of the River Selle.
The project is divided into two parts housed on two storeys.
On the first floor there is accommodation for the trainees, offices and training spaces.
On the ground floor there are dressing rooms, a medical unit, services, and spacious activity halls.
The siting of the project on its plot has led us to design a building with two facades, with the riverside elevation being used for inward-looking features.
The pitch-side elevation is an exercise in continuity: the cloak of turf is folded and curved to cover the building.
The ground floor walls are mainly glazed to ensure that the greenery outside is clearly visible from inside.
Architects : Chartier – Corbasson
Client : Amiens Métropole
Net surface : 1 900m² SHON
Budget : 3,2 M€ HT
Program: Accomodation for 45 players, dressing rooms, classrooms, training halls catering
|Cottages at Fallingwater
by Patkau Architects
|Green Point Stadium
by GMP Architekten
- Hugh Strange Architects slots architectu…ral archive inside old farmyard barn
- Honeycomb perforations speckle facade of… Campus Netzwerk office by Format Elf Architekten
- Red Rock House by Anmahian Winton Archit…ects sits on a forested New York hillside
- Hungarian forest cabin built in two days… by T2.a Architects
- 100 11th Avenue by Jean Nouvel
- House in the Netherlands upgraded with a… dark grey cladding of timber panels and tiles
- The Shard by Renzo Piano photographed by… Nick Guttridge
- Aluminium-clad building by Marc Mimram a…dded to Strasbourg architecture school
- Architectural model demonstrates Shigeru… Ban's new Aspen Art Museum
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories