Former European skateboarding champion and architect Matthias Bauer of MBA/S Associates has designed a skatepark and youth club in Stuttgart, Germany.
The park has a 1000 square-metre concrete plaza and bowl area, and will also feature a soon-to-be-added vert-ramp.
The vert-ramp will form part of an open-air structure housing the youth club.
Here's more info from Bauer:
The skatepark is conceived as a combination of the three parts defining modern skateboarding: Street-Plaza, Bowl-Area and king size Vert-Ramp.
Built on a 15m high pile of war debris and of one material only, in-situ and spray concrete, it features up two 500sm large jointless plates.
The Vert-Ramp is covered by a 350sm roof made of overlapping 12m long free spanning translucent fibreglass elements and hosts a youth club under its platform.
Architect Matthias Bauer, principal of MBA/S, was a professional and european champion in skateboarding.
With their team based in Stuttgart, Germany, MBA/S is specialised in research projects, architecture, urbanism and landscape. Currently their first insulating concrete house is under construction.
Client: City of Stuttgart, GFFA
Location: Stuttgart, DE
Scale: 1000 sm
Click above for larger image
|Rolex Learning Centre
|2010 Puma Bikes
by Francesco Sommacal
- Gimme Shelter! by Sebastián Irarráza…val and Hugo Mondragón
- Conceptual extension to Whitney Museum… of American Art by Axis Mundi
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: C-House by… Dot Architecture and Soc-Arc
- Yucatan House by Isay Weinfeld
- Asphalt Spot by R&Sie
- Lil/Euralille Youth Centre By JDS Arch…itects
- Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales b…y Daniela Bianka
- Tate Modern 2 by Herzog & de Meuron
- Library of University in Poznañ by Co…nsultor, Neostudio Architekci and APA Bulat
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories