Former European skateboarding champion and architect Matthias Bauer of MBA/S Associates has designed a skatepark and youth club in Stuttgart, Germany.
The park has a 1000 square-metre concrete plaza and bowl area, and will also feature a soon-to-be-added vert-ramp.
The vert-ramp will form part of an open-air structure housing the youth club.
Here's more info from Bauer:
The skatepark is conceived as a combination of the three parts defining modern skateboarding: Street-Plaza, Bowl-Area and king size Vert-Ramp.
Built on a 15m high pile of war debris and of one material only, in-situ and spray concrete, it features up two 500sm large jointless plates.
The Vert-Ramp is covered by a 350sm roof made of overlapping 12m long free spanning translucent fibreglass elements and hosts a youth club under its platform.
Architect Matthias Bauer, principal of MBA/S, was a professional and european champion in skateboarding.
With their team based in Stuttgart, Germany, MBA/S is specialised in research projects, architecture, urbanism and landscape. Currently their first insulating concrete house is under construction.
Client: City of Stuttgart, GFFA
Location: Stuttgart, DE
Scale: 1000 sm
Click above for larger image
|Rolex Learning Centre
|2010 Puma Bikes
by Francesco Sommacal
- Perforated brick stairwells front Wise A…rchitecture's ABC office block
- Teak and bamboo structures accommodate B…urmese refugees in a Thai village
- Museum Macura by Nenad Katic, Ivan Kucin…a and Vladimir Macura
- David Adjaye pavilion unveiled
- East Van House by Splyce Design features… an asymmetric sloping roof
- Janice Tseng Lau imagines travelling aba…ttoir to expose the reality of meat production
- 3D-scanning technology will enable citie…s to exist in "both a virtual and a physical form"
- Music School Louviers extension by Opus …5
- L40 by Roger Bundschuh and Cosima von Bo…nin
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories