Here's a concrete espresso machine by Shenkar College of Engineering and Design student Shmuel Linski.
Called Espresso Solo, the conceptual product features metal working parts and a concrete case.
Here's some more information from Linski, who is due to graduate next year:
ESPRESSO SOLO : concrete espresso machine for lavazza, designed by Shmuel Linski, Israel.
The espresso machine makes only espresso: short and long.
The design process begun in choosing the material: I chose concrete. I had a vision: concrete in the kitchen, not only as a wall or decorative part, I wanted it to be a desirable consumer product.
The contrast between the roughness, massiveness and hardness of the concrete and the fine metal parts, which are dealing with the coffee preparation process, was very challenging and interesting for me.
The machine works with coffee beans: they are poured from the top part. The water is poured into "water drawer" in the back.
Advisor: Mr. Alex Padwa
Photos: Sasha Flit
by Jochem de Wit
by Lucidi and Pevere
by Alexa Lixfeld
- Houdini Chair by Stefan Diez for e15
- Konstantin Grcic's first design for Arte…k is a circular birch swivel chair
- Wiegen stroller by Worrell Inc
- Wood Work by Karen Ryan
- Sebastian Bergne at The Temporium
- Lexus Nuaero by Jon Rådbrink
- Tin Man No. 11 by Kacey Wong
- Ghost Script by Ben Hermel
- Debora Dax turns body taboos into fashio…n statements
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories