Here's a concrete espresso machine by Shenkar College of Engineering and Design student Shmuel Linski.
Called Espresso Solo, the conceptual product features metal working parts and a concrete case.
Here's some more information from Linski, who is due to graduate next year:
ESPRESSO SOLO : concrete espresso machine for lavazza, designed by Shmuel Linski, Israel.
The espresso machine makes only espresso: short and long.
The design process begun in choosing the material: I chose concrete. I had a vision: concrete in the kitchen, not only as a wall or decorative part, I wanted it to be a desirable consumer product.
The contrast between the roughness, massiveness and hardness of the concrete and the fine metal parts, which are dealing with the coffee preparation process, was very challenging and interesting for me.
The machine works with coffee beans: they are poured from the top part. The water is poured into "water drawer" in the back.
Advisor: Mr. Alex Padwa
Photos: Sasha Flit
by Jochem de Wit
by Lucidi and Pevere
by Alexa Lixfeld
- Molecules by Aqua Creations and Ilan Gar…ibi
- A new bus for London competition winners… announced
- Simple by Philippe Malouin
- Weave Bookcase by Chicako Ibaraki for Ca…samania
- Carafe and water filter by Soma
- Bouroullec brothers to debut Belleville …furniture collection for Vitra
- Maarten Baas and Bertjan Pot team up for… funfair-influenced lighting collection
- Matthew Plummer-Fernandez to present "pe…rsonalised avatars for your vehicle"
- Dezeen Platform: Jan Rose
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories