Here's a concrete espresso machine by Shenkar College of Engineering and Design student Shmuel Linski.
Called Espresso Solo, the conceptual product features metal working parts and a concrete case.
Here's some more information from Linski, who is due to graduate next year:
ESPRESSO SOLO : concrete espresso machine for lavazza, designed by Shmuel Linski, Israel.
The espresso machine makes only espresso: short and long.
The design process begun in choosing the material: I chose concrete. I had a vision: concrete in the kitchen, not only as a wall or decorative part, I wanted it to be a desirable consumer product.
The contrast between the roughness, massiveness and hardness of the concrete and the fine metal parts, which are dealing with the coffee preparation process, was very challenging and interesting for me.
The machine works with coffee beans: they are poured from the top part. The water is poured into "water drawer" in the back.
Advisor: Mr. Alex Padwa
Photos: Sasha Flit
by Jochem de Wit
by Lucidi and Pevere
by Alexa Lixfeld
- Aluminium bowls by Fort Standard stand o…n fin-like legs
- Sezz Collection by Christophe Pillet for… Emeco
- TSAR by Florian Brillet
- TMA-1 By KiBiSi for AIAIAI
- Applied Physics by Acquacalda
- Making a Silk Screen by Nina Levett
- Design "doesn't know how to democratise …itself" says Shubhankar Ray
- Masonite: Memoriam by Folkform for Svens…kt Tenn
- Copper Lamp 10kg by Tobias Sieber and Sa…muel Treindl
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories