In place until Sunday, the bare white interior features a simplified map of the local area on one wall.
The bright colours of the lightweight town bicycles remain the focus of the shop near Old Spitalfields Market.
The pop-up store is due to close after this weekend.
See also: Dezeen's top ten cycles
Here's some more information from Tokyo Bike:
The treatment of the space is very simple & elemental, evocative of the craftsmanship and simplicity of design that goes into every Tokyo bike. Emulsion have drawn parallels between the backstreets of London & Tokyo, through geography & mapping - via a Japanese-style map of the local area in & around Spitalfield, where key landmark building are featured. The whiteness of the store allows the colour palette of the bikes to stand out. A 1:1 scale representation of the space inside the bike-frame has been translated into a pattern for specially-commissioned wallpaper, which forms the backdrop to the mechanic's workshop area.
Tokyo bike is Japan’s number one bicycle company and has been a instant hit with city cyclists in the UK. In fact, we are closing the shop a week early because we’ve sold through the stock. At just 10kg the Tokyo bike is the perfect lightweight town bike and comes in a variety of styles, sizes, colours and shades.
This week we offering discounts on some of the models left in store. The pop-up shop is located at 117 Commercial Street, Old Spitalfields Market, London E1 and open daily to the public.
|Mission Bicycle Store by
|2010 Puma Bikes
|Dezeen’s top ten:
- Yuichi Yoshida reorganises Tokyo apartme…nt to create temporary accommodation
- Dental Clinic in Porto by Paulo Merlini
- Confiserie Bachmann by HHF Architects
- Casalgrande Old House by Kengo Kuma and …Associates
- Princeton University Julian Street Libra…ry by Joel Sanders
- Zhengzhou Clubhouse by Noiz Architects
- Tori Tori Restaurant by Rojkind Arquitec…tos and Hector Esrawe
- Hopfenburg by Spine Architects
- Apartment by Pedro Varela & Renata Pinho
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories