Designers Boym Partners created these vases by joining crystal planes in homage to the Cubist paintings of Picasso and Braque.
Called Cubist Vases, the project is the first in a series entitled Souvenirs of Modernism, for which the pair will create editions over the next ten years inspired by Modernism.
Each vase is made of flat crystal shapes joined with ultraviolet glue.
Photos are by Davies and Starr.
Here are some more details from Boym Partners:
Cubist Vases mark the beginning of a ten-year-long project Souvenirs of Modernism, which Constantin and Laurene Boym are starting in 2010. In the decade of 2010-2020, we will continue issuing collectable editions to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Modernism.
Cubist Vases are made of optical crystal. Flat crystal shapes are assembled with UV glue into three-dimensional objects, full of unexpected multifaceted reflections and distortions. Famous works of analytical Cubism inevitably come to mind.
We have designed Cubist Vases in homage to still life paintings of Picasso and Braque, the works created almost exactly one hundred years ago.
by Boym Partners
|History Chess by
- New 202 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezee…n Watch Store
- Melbourne Project by Sigurd Larsen
- Work with Indian craftsmen to keep handc…rafting skills alive, says designer Prateek Jain
- Sezz Collection by Christophe Pillet for… Emeco
- Normal shows hip-flask mobile design
- Pharrell Williams and G-Star RAW transfo…rm ocean plastic into denim collection
- Andrea Branzi at Fondation Cartier
- Black Ruby by Studio Debbie Wijskamp
- Interview with Hussein Chalayan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories