German product and jewellery designer Daniel Michel responds to the phasing out of incandescent light bulbs in Europe with this lamp comprising the skeleton of a shade and an invisible bulb.
Called Bye Bye Bulb, the lamp has an LED light source hidden inside what would normally be the bulb socket.
The lamp is made from a mixture of aluminum and steel and uses a 10 watt LED.
All photographs are by Merlin Baum.
Here's some more from the designer:
Bye Bye Bulb
It is creative comment on the prohibition and the disappearance of the light bulb.
I used materials steel and aluminium.
The illuminant is a 10 watt high power led.
by Ingo Maurer
|Lamp OOO by Sergio Mannino
and Jan Habraken
- Glowing stars by Pernilla Ohrstedt dec…orate Christmas tree in London hotel
- The Crate Series by Studio Makkink & B…ey
- Essentials II by Patrik Muff for Nymph…enburg
- Hand Forged by Julien Renault
- Foglie by Matali Crasset for Pallucco
- Absent Nature by Arik Levy
- Photos of Covent Garden Super Design
- Unit by Nosigner
- Moritz Waldemeyer lasers for Lights by… Ellie Goulding
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories