Here are some more details from Fendi:
FENDI and Aranda\Lasch present Modern Primitives
An installation combining technology, craftsmanship and tradition
FENDI consolidates its relationship with the world of Limited Edition Design by partnering with the New York based architectural studio Aranda\Lasch with a two-step project starting at Venice Biennale of Architecture in August 2010 and seeing its completion at Design Miami/ in December 2010.
At the Venice Biennale of Architecture, starting on August 26th, FENDI will be supporting the installation the architectural duo have been commissioned by the Pritzker Price Winner and Biennale Curator Kazuyo Sejima.
The installation, called Modern Primitives, explores technological sophistication with hand-crafted elegance.
Modern Primitives will be an installation composed of foam structures, derived by small primitive pieces connecting into larger ones that can be sat on, leaned against, held in one’s arms. This setting will describe a space of dialogue where events and conversations are conducted, recorded and broadcast.
The installation site will be located at the end of the Arsenale.
The result is a multiple level installation that will find its ultimate essence and completion in the Miami part that will embody and sublimate the world of design, fashion, art and architecture.
|Design Miami Temporary Structure by Aranda\Lasch||Movie interview with
|More about Venice Architecture
- New products by Viable London
- Modular Bench by Shizuka Tatsuno
- Autumn Winter 2013 collection by Mary Ka…trantzou
- Till Wiedeck designs multi-level display… stands for COS
- Silent Machine by Eunjae Lee
- Madelene Björk at New Designers
- Lego Minifigures hacked with Sugru to cr…eate iPhone cable holders
- New photos of Vitra Edition 2007
- Révélateur installation by Mickaël …Wiesengrün recreates "smells of the past"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories