Israeli designer Itay Laniado has created a range of stainless steel garden tools with oak handles wrapped in red thread.
Garden Tools consists of a scythe, bow saw, machete, shovel, sickle and spade.
Here's some more from the designer:
The project approaches garden tools from a material, aesthetic, and functional investigative perspective.
The bulk of my research focused on the development of a technique of bending and stretching wood into functional forms while maintaining the simplicity, both of the production process and of the working approach of the tools.
In addition, I conducted a formal investigation into developing the shape of the blades – both in the design and in the bending process.
The project includes six final objects: sickle, axe/machete, spade, shovel, scythe and bow saw.
Each piece is created from wood (oak) and stainlesss-steel blades.
- Hexad by Tomoko Azumi
- Vivienne Westwood launches Virgin Atla…ntic uniforms
- Boomerang Wok by Nikolaï Carels for R…oyal VKB
- Tokujin Yoshioka to unveil mirrored gl…ass table for Glas Italia in Milan
- Aberrant's styrofoam ceiling installat…ion celebrates wasting time at work
- Ficelle chair by Osko+Deichmann for Li…gne Roset
- Global Warming Rug by NEL for Nanimarq…uina
- Responsive Street Furniture adapts pub…lic spaces to suit pedestrians' needs
- A New Bus for London by Aston Martin a…nd Foster + Partners
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories