Israeli designer Itay Laniado has created a range of stainless steel garden tools with oak handles wrapped in red thread.
Garden Tools consists of a scythe, bow saw, machete, shovel, sickle and spade.
Here's some more from the designer:
The project approaches garden tools from a material, aesthetic, and functional investigative perspective.
The bulk of my research focused on the development of a technique of bending and stretching wood into functional forms while maintaining the simplicity, both of the production process and of the working approach of the tools.
In addition, I conducted a formal investigation into developing the shape of the blades – both in the design and in the bending process.
The project includes six final objects: sickle, axe/machete, spade, shovel, scythe and bow saw.
Each piece is created from wood (oak) and stainlesss-steel blades.
- Something Fishy by Róshildur Jónsdótt…ir
- Didier Faustino surrounds Glory Hole mir…ror with Baroque embellishment
- UseLess is More by JVLT
- A Very Modern Royal Wedding by KK Outlet
- Sagmeister & Walsh creates a logo for Fu…gue that moves to music
- ILI-ILI lamps by Grupa
- Ridged Roof Furniture by Ainė Bunikytė…
- Designed in Hackney: Drum tables by Cori…nna Warm
- My Private Sky by Kram/Weisshaar
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories