Israeli designer Itay Laniado has created a range of stainless steel garden tools with oak handles wrapped in red thread.
Garden Tools consists of a scythe, bow saw, machete, shovel, sickle and spade.
Here's some more from the designer:
The project approaches garden tools from a material, aesthetic, and functional investigative perspective.
The bulk of my research focused on the development of a technique of bending and stretching wood into functional forms while maintaining the simplicity, both of the production process and of the working approach of the tools.
In addition, I conducted a formal investigation into developing the shape of the blades – both in the design and in the bending process.
The project includes six final objects: sickle, axe/machete, spade, shovel, scythe and bow saw.
Each piece is created from wood (oak) and stainlesss-steel blades.
- David Derksen launches Moiré jewellery …at Ventura Lambrate
- Scholten & Baijings design fabric with n…ine-metre pattern repeat
- Sine Cabinet by Dik Scheepers
- High-definition Stone Mosaics by Exactmo…saics
- The Tank by Pharrell Williams
- Pen Pal by Oscar Diaz for Doiy
- Sebastian Herkner's Collar Lamp pairs ha…nd-blown glass with a spun aluminium shade
- Didier Faustino surrounds Glory Hole mir…ror with Baroque embellishment
- Hallo Light by 45 Kilo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories