Israeli designer Itay Laniado has created a range of stainless steel garden tools with oak handles wrapped in red thread.
Garden Tools consists of a scythe, bow saw, machete, shovel, sickle and spade.
Here's some more from the designer:
The project approaches garden tools from a material, aesthetic, and functional investigative perspective.
The bulk of my research focused on the development of a technique of bending and stretching wood into functional forms while maintaining the simplicity, both of the production process and of the working approach of the tools.
In addition, I conducted a formal investigation into developing the shape of the blades – both in the design and in the bending process.
The project includes six final objects: sickle, axe/machete, spade, shovel, scythe and bow saw.
Each piece is created from wood (oak) and stainlesss-steel blades.
- Totem by Boym Partners
- Gaudi Chair by Studio Geenen
- A Doll's House for Clementine by TDO Arc…hitecture
- Centanni Stool by James Irvine for Disci…pline
- Punk: Chaos to Couture exhibition at The… Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Smart Forjeremy by Jeremy Scott
- Wooden Panton by Matthias Brandmaier
- Aposematic Jacket is covered in cameras …to ward off attackers
- LUXX mirrors by Samuel Accoceberry
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories