Israeli designer Itay Laniado has created a range of stainless steel garden tools with oak handles wrapped in red thread.
Garden Tools consists of a scythe, bow saw, machete, shovel, sickle and spade.
Here's some more from the designer:
The project approaches garden tools from a material, aesthetic, and functional investigative perspective.
The bulk of my research focused on the development of a technique of bending and stretching wood into functional forms while maintaining the simplicity, both of the production process and of the working approach of the tools.
In addition, I conducted a formal investigation into developing the shape of the blades – both in the design and in the bending process.
The project includes six final objects: sickle, axe/machete, spade, shovel, scythe and bow saw.
Each piece is created from wood (oak) and stainlesss-steel blades.
- Daniel Weil designs deconstructed clocks… for Design Museum exhibition
- Fish Lamps by Frank Gehry
- Decouper Toile Collection and Bloody Hel…l by Timorous Beasties
- Simplissimo by Jean Nouvel for Ligne Ros…et
- Lovegrove and Colani at the Design Museu…m
- Bits of Wood by Pepe Heykoop
- Atlantic Sofa by CuldeSac for Bernhardt …Design
- Marija Puipaitė shapes Embracing Touch …seats with the outline of her legs
- Paper Pulp Helmet by Tom Gottelier, Bobb…y Petersen and Ed Thomas
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories