London Design Festival 2010: designer David Weatherhead presents a collection of desktop items made of folded steel at Variability in west London this week.
Called Standard Stationery, the collection includes a desk clock, book ends, letter racks, and pencil holders, powder-coated in bright colours.
Variability is an exhibition produced by Henny van Nistelrooy that explores the impact designers working on seemingly disparate projects can have on each others' work.
The information below is from Weatherhead:
Standard’ Stationery family
A family of brightly coloured stationery objects, each with a particular role, redefine the desktop.
Celebrating a variance in task, standard paper size, drafting and colour theory, the playful, multi functional family offers itself for work.
Bent steel, powder coat finish.
Self production available soon from www.good-d.com
Items in family:
- C6 letter rack
- Half Time clock
- Super Long pencil placer
- A4 Angle paper placer
- Sketchbook end
- Sunshine letter rack
3 Yeomans Row
London SW3 2AL
Brompton Design District
|Anything by Michael Sodeau
- Scholten & Baijings cut graphic patterns… into glassware for J Hill's Standard
- Augmented reality road markings and sign…age "could be applied as a digital layer"
- A Million Times by Humans Since 1982
- Virgola by Giulio Manzoni for Campeggi
- Change! by BCXSY
- Manuel Netto at Dezeen Platform
- Patricia Urquiola refreshes Maia outdoor… furniture with teak and hand-braided rope
- Comme des Garçons Guerrilla Store +4161
- LEM wall lamps by Daniel Becker
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories