London Design Festival 2010: designer David Weatherhead presents a collection of desktop items made of folded steel at Variability in west London this week.
Called Standard Stationery, the collection includes a desk clock, book ends, letter racks, and pencil holders, powder-coated in bright colours.
Variability is an exhibition produced by Henny van Nistelrooy that explores the impact designers working on seemingly disparate projects can have on each others' work.
The information below is from Weatherhead:
Standard’ Stationery family
A family of brightly coloured stationery objects, each with a particular role, redefine the desktop.
Celebrating a variance in task, standard paper size, drafting and colour theory, the playful, multi functional family offers itself for work.
Bent steel, powder coat finish.
Self production available soon from www.good-d.com
Items in family:
- C6 letter rack
- Half Time clock
- Super Long pencil placer
- A4 Angle paper placer
- Sketchbook end
- Sunshine letter rack
3 Yeomans Row
London SW3 2AL
Brompton Design District
|Anything by Michael Sodeau
- A Touch of Green at Droog
- Magnum lamp by Patrycja Domanska and Fel…ix Gieselmann is four lights in one
- Bocci 28.280 at the V&A
- Mia Cullin models wooden benches on pian…o stools for Orkester collection
- Ferry Terminal by CF Møller
- Eley Kishimoto introduces its first hand…-printed wallpaper collection
- Ten of the best Nendo designs from the p…ast year
- Roc Apeldoorn interior by Tjep.
- History Chess by Boym Partners
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories