London Design Festival 2010: designer David Weatherhead presents a collection of desktop items made of folded steel at Variability in west London this week.
Called Standard Stationery, the collection includes a desk clock, book ends, letter racks, and pencil holders, powder-coated in bright colours.
Variability is an exhibition produced by Henny van Nistelrooy that explores the impact designers working on seemingly disparate projects can have on each others' work.
The information below is from Weatherhead:
Standard’ Stationery family
A family of brightly coloured stationery objects, each with a particular role, redefine the desktop.
Celebrating a variance in task, standard paper size, drafting and colour theory, the playful, multi functional family offers itself for work.
Bent steel, powder coat finish.
Self production available soon from www.good-d.com
Items in family:
- C6 letter rack
- Half Time clock
- Super Long pencil placer
- A4 Angle paper placer
- Sketchbook end
- Sunshine letter rack
3 Yeomans Row
London SW3 2AL
Brompton Design District
|Anything by Michael Sodeau
- Dezeen Watch Store identity by Zerofee
- Revelation by Karim Rashid for Bombay Sa…pphire
- Johnny Kelly's short film demonstrates t…he role of design in everyday life
- Banksy on Essex Road
- Dezeen in the Czech Republic: Daniel Pir…čš, Studio Pirsc Porcelain
- Very Good & Proper designs new legs for …MT Club Chair
- Kaos by Denis Guidone at Dezeen Watch St…ore
- Lisbon Christmas Lights by Pedro Sottoma…yor, José Adrião and ADOC
- Occidorient by François Mangeol
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories