London Design Festival 2010: designer Paul Cocksedge installed sheets of Corian as though fluttering around a hallway at the Victoria & Albert Museum in London for one day during the London Design Festival last week.
Called A Gust of Wind, the piece featured 300 curled pieces of Corian engraved with the words "Ideas Tray" and a series number.
At the end of the day they were given away to partners of the project and members of the public for use as paper trays.
Photographs are by Mark Cocksedge.
The information that follows is from Paul Cocksedge:
A GUST OF WIND - An installation by Paul Cocksedge Studio for the London Design Festival.
24th September 2010 18:30-22h:00 London Design Festival V&A, Friday Late Event
Three hundred curvaceous pieces of Corian® will be exhibited for one day only as part of the V&A’s Friday Late Programme. The ‘pages’, which will be given away during the event, represent a stack of paper that has been blown into the air by a gust of wind. Each of these limited edition pieces is engraved and then handmade by Paul Cocksedge. They will function as paper trays, becoming a place for wandering paper to gather.
This installation is made possible through collaboration with the London Design Festival, V&A and DuPontTM Corian®.
Paul Cocksedge Studio is the internationally acclaimed design practice of partners Joana Pinho and Paul Cocksedge, based in London. The studio undertakes in-house design, commissions and consultancy work for a range of clients and sectors. Production ranges from bespoke manufacturing to licensing technologies. The Studio is dedicated to the creation of sophisticated, cutting edge products and installations.
|Framed by Stuart Haygarth
at the V&A
|More stories about
London Design Festival
- Paizi 38 installation by reMIX Studio
- Plug Lamp by Form Us With Love for Ate…ljé Lyktan
- Nendo works with Japanese artisans to …create bent-wire baskets
- Barber and Osgerby design glass cabine…ts to showcase their own "quantities of junk"
- Limited Edition Design Dolls by Olivia… Lee
- Asif Khan designs a "Mount Rushmore of… the digital age" for the Sochi Winter Olympics
- Conceptual office swaps chairs and des…ks for "experimental work landscape"
- Didier Faustino surrounds Glory Hole m…irror with Baroque embellishment
- Perles necklace collection by Ronan an…d Erwan Bouroullec
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories