New Zealand designer Chris Waind has created this set of decorative paper butterflies.
Called Papillons Graphiques, the pieces are packaged in a metal tin that includes a set of pins so they can be displayed pinned to a board like a real butterflies would be in Victorian collections.
Each piece is a digital print on watercolour paper to give a textured feel.
Here's more information from the designer:
The Graphic Butterfly Collection.
Nine species of graphic butterflies packaged in a brushed metal presentation tin and finished with a label band.
The collection also comes with a set of pins.
The dimensions of each butterfly measures around 3.5" (90mm) high X 4.5" (115mm) wide. The tin measures 3 3/4" (95mm) long X 2 3/8" (60mm) wide.
Each specimen is a giclee print on 200gsm archive watercolour paper, for deep rich colour with a textured feel.
This makes a beautiful gift for anyone looking for a slightly more humane butterfly collection.
|Butterfly table by
|Cardon Copy by
|The Hybrid Project by Readymade Projects,
Mogollon and Daniel Hakansson
- Three Yet One by Parallel Projects
- Interview with Maarten Baas
- Govert Flint's Dynamic Chair turns the b…ody into a computer mouse
- Kaide-taide by Company
- "There is no nature anymore" – Liam Yo…ung of Tomorrow's Thoughts Today
- Viktor & Rolf scenography by Studio Job
- Doshi Levien for Moroso 2
- Origami-influenced umbrella "bounces bac…k into shape" after blowing inside out
- Whackpack Furniture by Brendan Magennis
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories