New Zealand designer Chris Waind has created this set of decorative paper butterflies.
Called Papillons Graphiques, the pieces are packaged in a metal tin that includes a set of pins so they can be displayed pinned to a board like a real butterflies would be in Victorian collections.
Each piece is a digital print on watercolour paper to give a textured feel.
Here's more information from the designer:
The Graphic Butterfly Collection.
Nine species of graphic butterflies packaged in a brushed metal presentation tin and finished with a label band.
The collection also comes with a set of pins.
The dimensions of each butterfly measures around 3.5" (90mm) high X 4.5" (115mm) wide. The tin measures 3 3/4" (95mm) long X 2 3/8" (60mm) wide.
Each specimen is a giclee print on 200gsm archive watercolour paper, for deep rich colour with a textured feel.
This makes a beautiful gift for anyone looking for a slightly more humane butterfly collection.
|Butterfly table by
|Cardon Copy by
|The Hybrid Project by Readymade Projects,
Mogollon and Daniel Hakansson
- La Cantine de la Ménagerie de Verre by …Matali Crasset
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: up to 40…% off LunaTik watches
- RE:cover by Fredrik Färg
- Hidden Layers by Folkform
- Aldo Bakker designs sculptural stainless… steel tableware for Georg Jensen
- Special feature: design by celebrities
- Kenny by Raw Edges for Moroso
- Help Remedies by Pearlfisher
- Chair by Glass Hill
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories