New Zealand designer Chris Waind has created this set of decorative paper butterflies.
Called Papillons Graphiques, the pieces are packaged in a metal tin that includes a set of pins so they can be displayed pinned to a board like a real butterflies would be in Victorian collections.
Each piece is a digital print on watercolour paper to give a textured feel.
Here's more information from the designer:
The Graphic Butterfly Collection.
Nine species of graphic butterflies packaged in a brushed metal presentation tin and finished with a label band.
The collection also comes with a set of pins.
The dimensions of each butterfly measures around 3.5" (90mm) high X 4.5" (115mm) wide. The tin measures 3 3/4" (95mm) long X 2 3/8" (60mm) wide.
Each specimen is a giclee print on 200gsm archive watercolour paper, for deep rich colour with a textured feel.
This makes a beautiful gift for anyone looking for a slightly more humane butterfly collection.
|Butterfly table by
|Cardon Copy by
|The Hybrid Project by Readymade Projects,
Mogollon and Daniel Hakansson
- Materialise.MGX in Milan
- Pressedleathershoe by Marloes ten Bhöme…r
- Hanger Chair by Philippe Malouin
- Sebastian Jansson in Milan
- Cape by Nendo for Offecct
- EOps Noisezero i+ Eco by Michael Young
- New 152 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezee…n Watch Store
- 4D typography by Lo Siento
- Bouroullec brothers to launch first fabr…ic collection in Milan for Kvadrat
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories