New Zealand designer Chris Waind has created this set of decorative paper butterflies.
Called Papillons Graphiques, the pieces are packaged in a metal tin that includes a set of pins so they can be displayed pinned to a board like a real butterflies would be in Victorian collections.
Each piece is a digital print on watercolour paper to give a textured feel.
Here's more information from the designer:
The Graphic Butterfly Collection.
Nine species of graphic butterflies packaged in a brushed metal presentation tin and finished with a label band.
The collection also comes with a set of pins.
The dimensions of each butterfly measures around 3.5" (90mm) high X 4.5" (115mm) wide. The tin measures 3 3/4" (95mm) long X 2 3/8" (60mm) wide.
Each specimen is a giclee print on 200gsm archive watercolour paper, for deep rich colour with a textured feel.
This makes a beautiful gift for anyone looking for a slightly more humane butterfly collection.
|Butterfly table by
|Cardon Copy by
|The Hybrid Project by Readymade Projects,
Mogollon and Daniel Hakansson
- Movie: pop-up tattoo parlour at Design… Miami
- Buoy by TAF for Zero
- Carafe and water filter by Soma
- Ghost Chair collection by Design Drift
- Facette watch by KiBiSi for Bulbul arr…ives at Dezeen Watch Store
- Water Table Object by Heng Zhi
- Das Haus by Luca Nichetto
- Crumpled City by Palomar at The Tempor…ium
- The Bombay Sapphire Prize in Milan: vi…deo diary day 4
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories