Azusa Murakami and Alexander Groves of Studio Swine have designed a mobile food stall for cooking and selling pig heads.
Called Pig Truck, the stall has been built around an existing bicycle frame, with a bucket placed at the front where the pigs head is cooked under a gold corrugated roof.
Using an ancient method of cooking, heat expelled from hot rocks is trapped inside the bucket and the food, covered with banana leaves steams inside the makeshift oven.
The stall uses no electricity or plumbing, using instead heat radiated from the rocks and a water bottle attached to its frame.
A split log table can be pulled out of the rear of the stall to provide eating space.
The following information is from the designers:
Studio Swine have created Pig Truck, an urban food stall that serves pigs heads in a land oven; an ancient method of cooking used in many native cultures throughout the world.
Land oven is simply a pit in the ground used to trap heat and bake, smoke, or steam food.
It is commonly used for cooking large quantities of food where no equipment is available.
Extremely hot rocks are placed in a hole lined with banana leaves, a salted pig is placed inside and covered with more banana leaves to preserve the heat and flavour.
The stall is designed be self sustainable, made with very little resources and to function with very little energy;
It uses no electricity or plumbing, the heat for cooking radiates purely from the rocks and the water from a bottle which is attached to the stall.
The stall creates an urban island in itself, whilst attracting customers with the simple communal cuisine, they are bathed in gold light reflected from the gold corrugated roof.
The split log table can be pulled out of the truck to accommodate more eating space.
Studio Swine is a multi-disciplinary design practice by Azusa Murakami and Alexander Groves.
|Outdoor Kitchen by Studiomama||Flow2 kitchen by
|Vaisselier Système D by
- Nike revamps the basketball shoe for LeB…ron James
- AE+Y Mobile Phone by Yves Behar for Æsi…r
- Mechanical Mirrors by Daniel Rozin repli…cate images using everyday objects
- From the Knees of my Nose to the Belly o…f my Toes by Alex Chinneck
- "An era is drawing to an end for Italian… design"
- Movie: Dita Von Teese hologram by Musion… for Christian Louboutin at the Design Museum
- Perch Collection by Pierre Favresse at N…ouvelle Vague
- Shading by Robert Stadler at Carpenters …Workshop Gallery
- Canasta by Patricia Urquiola
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories