Seoul designers KAMKAM have created this cabinet based on the ratio of standard paper sizes.
Called An Furniture, the piece can be reconfigured or deconstructed to make separate furniture forms.
The information below is from KAMKAM:
'KAMKAM’ means the dark, made of millions of colors is made up of three members, Hyunjin Seo, Jaekyoung Kim, Jaehoon Jung.
The recent work is ‘An Furniture’
Ax sheets (A3, A4, A5, etc) have “Golden Ratio” that promotes productivity by keeping the dimensions always (approximately) in the same ratio of width:length when they are folded in half.
Inspired by these Ax sheets, we assigned fresh sculpture of distinctive ratio to furniture, which makes the furniture economical by saving raw materials.
Since An Furniture also can be rearranged and relocated to a closet, a bookshelf, a storage cabinet and a drawer by a straightforward process, there would be no furniture better than this for single-person households.
- THREE packaging by Nendo
- The fashion industry is "saturated" says… Olivier Theyskens
- Tron chair by Dror
- Koloro-wagon stacking wooden storage box…es by Torafu Architects
- Shading by Robert Stadler at Carpenters …Workshop Gallery
- Soft Hercules by FAT
- Zaha Hadid and Hopkins among architects …to design London water fountains
- Mercury by Ziiiro available in new colou…rs at Dezeen Watch Store
- Series One by Another Country
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories