Seoul designers KAMKAM have created this cabinet based on the ratio of standard paper sizes.
Called An Furniture, the piece can be reconfigured or deconstructed to make separate furniture forms.
The information below is from KAMKAM:
'KAMKAM’ means the dark, made of millions of colors is made up of three members, Hyunjin Seo, Jaekyoung Kim, Jaehoon Jung.
The recent work is ‘An Furniture’
Ax sheets (A3, A4, A5, etc) have “Golden Ratio” that promotes productivity by keeping the dimensions always (approximately) in the same ratio of width:length when they are folded in half.
Inspired by these Ax sheets, we assigned fresh sculpture of distinctive ratio to furniture, which makes the furniture economical by saving raw materials.
Since An Furniture also can be rearranged and relocated to a closet, a bookshelf, a storage cabinet and a drawer by a straightforward process, there would be no furniture better than this for single-person households.
- Clarissa Hood armchair and chair by Patr…icia Urquiola for Moroso
- Cabaret Voltaire by Designliga
- Jomi Evers Solheim creates ceramics usin…g water-filled balloons
- Corpus 2.0 by Marcia Nolte
- Johan Lidehäll at Interiors UK
- Tom Dixon in Trafalgar Square movie
- Nendo creates chocolatey waves for Maiso…n&Objet installation
- Kulula airline livery
- Mycelium Chair by Eric Klarenbeek is 3D-…printed with living fungus
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories