Seoul designers KAMKAM have created this cabinet based on the ratio of standard paper sizes.
Called An Furniture, the piece can be reconfigured or deconstructed to make separate furniture forms.
The information below is from KAMKAM:
'KAMKAM’ means the dark, made of millions of colors is made up of three members, Hyunjin Seo, Jaekyoung Kim, Jaehoon Jung.
The recent work is ‘An Furniture’
Ax sheets (A3, A4, A5, etc) have “Golden Ratio” that promotes productivity by keeping the dimensions always (approximately) in the same ratio of width:length when they are folded in half.
Inspired by these Ax sheets, we assigned fresh sculpture of distinctive ratio to furniture, which makes the furniture economical by saving raw materials.
Since An Furniture also can be rearranged and relocated to a closet, a bookshelf, a storage cabinet and a drawer by a straightforward process, there would be no furniture better than this for single-person households.
- Balloon Swing proposed for New York park
- Water Light Graffiti by Antonin Forneau …for DigitalArti Artlab
- Boss Chair byTobias Nitsche
- Faye Toogood "gets fat" with fourth Asse…mblage furniture collection
- Rainbow Church by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Any Kinda Tape measure by Sunghoon Jung
- Chair 3/4 by Sandro Lominashvili looks l…ike an optical illusion
- Mousetraps by Johanna Schmeer
- Iris van Herpen curates a fashion magazi…ne
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories