Seoul designers KAMKAM have created this cabinet based on the ratio of standard paper sizes.
Called An Furniture, the piece can be reconfigured or deconstructed to make separate furniture forms.
The information below is from KAMKAM:
'KAMKAM’ means the dark, made of millions of colors is made up of three members, Hyunjin Seo, Jaekyoung Kim, Jaehoon Jung.
The recent work is ‘An Furniture’
Ax sheets (A3, A4, A5, etc) have “Golden Ratio” that promotes productivity by keeping the dimensions always (approximately) in the same ratio of width:length when they are folded in half.
Inspired by these Ax sheets, we assigned fresh sculpture of distinctive ratio to furniture, which makes the furniture economical by saving raw materials.
Since An Furniture also can be rearranged and relocated to a closet, a bookshelf, a storage cabinet and a drawer by a straightforward process, there would be no furniture better than this for single-person households.
- NetJets 7X fleet by Norman Foster
- Join Table by Ding3000
- Trees for Lycée Germaine Tillon by Ma…tali Crasset
- Front at Nordic Light Hotel
- Fury! by Roel-jan Elsinga
- Sneak preview: Campanas to show Disney… chairs
- The Poetics of Miss Understanding by A…na Rita Antonio
- Ora Unica by Denis Guidone
- VC1 Cufflinks by VOID Watches
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories