Seoul designers KAMKAM have created this cabinet based on the ratio of standard paper sizes.
Called An Furniture, the piece can be reconfigured or deconstructed to make separate furniture forms.
The information below is from KAMKAM:
'KAMKAM’ means the dark, made of millions of colors is made up of three members, Hyunjin Seo, Jaekyoung Kim, Jaehoon Jung.
The recent work is ‘An Furniture’
Ax sheets (A3, A4, A5, etc) have “Golden Ratio” that promotes productivity by keeping the dimensions always (approximately) in the same ratio of width:length when they are folded in half.
Inspired by these Ax sheets, we assigned fresh sculpture of distinctive ratio to furniture, which makes the furniture economical by saving raw materials.
Since An Furniture also can be rearranged and relocated to a closet, a bookshelf, a storage cabinet and a drawer by a straightforward process, there would be no furniture better than this for single-person households.
- JamScape photographed by Luke Hayes
- Memory Stücks by Beta Tank
- Disposable canvas layers rejuvenate Mode…l 1 shoes by Lou Moria
- Made by Humans by Universal Everything
- Installation and crystal glasses by Maxi…m Velčovský for Lobmeyr
- Thomas Heatherwick beach cafe takes shap…e
- The Clock Clock by Humans Since 1982
- Get Lost collection by Tiago Volpato and… Gabriel F channels frustrations of young designers
- Buildings of Disaster in gold by Constan…tin and Laurene Boym
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories