Seoul designers KAMKAM have created this cabinet based on the ratio of standard paper sizes.
Called An Furniture, the piece can be reconfigured or deconstructed to make separate furniture forms.
The information below is from KAMKAM:
'KAMKAM’ means the dark, made of millions of colors is made up of three members, Hyunjin Seo, Jaekyoung Kim, Jaehoon Jung.
The recent work is ‘An Furniture’
Ax sheets (A3, A4, A5, etc) have “Golden Ratio” that promotes productivity by keeping the dimensions always (approximately) in the same ratio of width:length when they are folded in half.
Inspired by these Ax sheets, we assigned fresh sculpture of distinctive ratio to furniture, which makes the furniture economical by saving raw materials.
Since An Furniture also can be rearranged and relocated to a closet, a bookshelf, a storage cabinet and a drawer by a straightforward process, there would be no furniture better than this for single-person households.
- Moshimy by Michael Young for Native Unio…n
- Melt by Agnieszka Bar
- Bendable Interior Objects by Form Us Wit…h Love
- Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty opens a…t London's V&A
- 57 Series by Omer Arbel for Bocci
- Bacteria produces textiles for Skin body… adornments by Sammy Jobbins Wells
- Dyson launches "most powerful" vacuum cl…eaning robot
- Artek revives Alvar Aalto products for l…atest furniture collection
- Lianes, Roches, Conques by Ronan & Erwan… Bouroullec at Galerie Kreo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories