The space features long pendant lights hanging from a circular mirrored panel on the ceiling.
In the middle of the room, desks with hoods covering computers create private booth-like spaces for browsing.
Many of the pieces have been custom-made for the space, including the furniture, magazine stands, mirrors and a bespoke handmade vase.
The following information is from the designer:
The Info Center
The idea behind the info center was to come up with a new approach for this sort of space that is traditionally cold and impersonal. Our aim was to integrate the latest technology into it without making this visible.
The center would retain a homey feel to it and would be functional as well as flexible. The table with niches allows for privacy and concentration and it also provides plenty of traditional table surface for any other use.
The concept had to be as special and different as this museum so most furniture elements were custom designed and manufactured for the center.
A few of the custom furniture elements include the multitable, the magazine stands, the mirrors and vases as well as many other features. The space stands out with its bespoke residential feel and the quality of craft visible in every element.
Surely, the visitor will feel they have entered a special place. There is a special art piece in the center and it is a gigantic hand made and hand painted vase that is one of a kind. It is dedicated to the Netherlands, my loved one and her loved ones.
The marble floors are cut in hexagon shapes and give a royal feel to the public space. The copper lights, custom cinema and display cases around the room create a warm atmosphere, filled with light and energy.
The media center is a very special room for a very special museum...
|Octium Jewelry shop by
|Porcelain by Jaime Hayón for Kutani Choemon|
- dezeen loves... Deitch PAPER Art Store
- Won Hundred store by MAPT
- Studio Glithero at VIVID Gallery
- Where Architects Live: inside the domain…s of Hadid, Chipperfield, Libeskind and more
- ODDA's multifunctional modules combine b…edrooms, kitchens and bathrooms in one unit
- Eat Drink Design at Dutch Design Week
- Australian prison converted into a cafe …lined with colourful tessellating triangles
- Correia/Ragazzi Arquitectos add curving …white staircase to a remodelled Portuguese apartment
- Noma FoodLab by 3XN
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories