The product features icons from Rashid's work, including crosses, stars, splats and blobs, overlapped and built up into a rounded cross-shape.
Called Cross Lamp, the design is available at a floor, pendant or table light.
imm cologne took place 18-23 January. See all our coverage of the event »
The information that follows is from Freedom Of Creation:
Karim Rashid designs Cross lamp for Freedom Of Creation
Freedom Of Creation, Dutch company for innovative design editions realized through advanced 3D printing technologies pioneered by FOC itself, starts the New Year and its second decade since its foundation with a prestigious collaboration. Polyhedral star designer Karim Rashid has conceived the amazing “Cross” lamp for Freedom Of Creation (FOC), launched on the occasion of IMM furniture fair. Karim Rashid is one of the most prolific designers of his generation.
“I thought to make a hyper-collage of my icons as a lit object, in changing scale and mass to create diverse shadows and light filtration, to really make one overriding blobular 3-d cross form, which is my symbol for Globalove,” says Karim Rashid regarding his astonishing “Cross” table, floor and suspension lamp designed for FOC. The 3D Cross is composed of an infinite number of small icons alluding to Karim’s most famous and iconic forms.
"CROSS Lamp": A suggestive "cross-shaped" lamp - available in suspended and table versions - made up of the agglomeration of Karim Rashid's most memorable icons. The cross form is Karim Rashid's symbol for Globalove.
|Iiamo Go by
|Snap Chair by
- Garment by Benjamin Hubert for Cappellin…i
- Sprig by Donna Wilson for SCP
- Crown Vase by Lambert Rainville creates …freestanding flower arrangements
- Products of Silviculture by Sebastian Co…x
- Workshop by Kiki van Eijk and Joost van …Bleiswijk for Bernhardt Design
- "You don't have to be an expert to do am…azing things" - Sugru founder
- Poetic License at Moss
- Spontaneous City in the Tree of Heavenby… London Fieldworks
- Plicate by Benjamin Hubert for NAVA
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories