Called Beaugars, the product has two bent metal loops that pivot round the wooden surface, meaning it can be reconfigured according to location and the items to be stored.
imm cologne took place 18-23 January. See all our coverage of the event here »
Here's a bit more information from the designer:
Beaugars by Meike Langer
IMM Cologne 2011 Halle 3.2 A 008/E009
Areas of life blend, rooms loose their fixed assignments and functions. Due to the blurring of boundaries new requirements for the environment and their products arise. In this context the furniture Beaugars was developed.
It offers space to lay, hang up and store objects of daily use. Its most distinctive feature, its mutability, results from the flexibility of the two arcs, which can be rotated in 360°.
Therefore Beaugars adapts easily and can be, according to the available space, either compact or expansive. Beaugars consists of a bench made of massive wood, two metal arcs and three wooden hook-elements.
The bench has five legs altogether: three wooden and two metal ones. Whereas the wooden legs are massive the metal ones are hollow due to their function as the mountings of the arcs.
Both arcs can be moved around the seating area in 360 degrees. I try to create functional objects that shall be used and lived with by people in the long term.
Every detail of an object needs to be thought of and justified, but this austerity should not show in the design. I rather wish my objects to appear light and easy to handle.
|Carro Lungi by
|Welcome to the Jungle by
My Own Super Studio
|Vaisselier Système D by
- 3D-printed jewellery by Maria Jennifer C…arew clips onto garments
- Dezeen's top 10 installations of 2014
- Bookinist by Nils Holger Moormann
- Stellar by Tokujin Yoshioka at Swarovski… Crystal Palace
- Isom tables by Sebastian Scherer
- Special Spoons by Ineke Hans come like a… model kit
- Unicorn chases its horn in Tomek Ducki's… animation for Basement Jaxx
- O10 by Guillaume Delvigne
- REK Bookcase Junior by Reinier de Jong
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories