Called Jig, the chair has a frame made of 10 steel tubes welded together.
The design is painted and upholstered in a range of colour combinations.
Stockholm Furniture Fair continues until 12 February. See all our coverage of the event here »
See also: Tio by Massproductions.
Here's some more information from Massproductions:
Jig - New chair by Chris Martin for Massproductions.
The outline of an armchair is traced with painted steel tubes, the back and seat voids are then filled with tailored panels. The Jig chair frame is made from 10 steel tubes, each of them simple components in themselves but when placed in a jig (hence the name) and welded in the desired configuration, a good looking and comfortable chair is made. There are many opportunities for exploring colour and contrast with the combination of painted frame and upholstered panels. Jig is a lightweight, robust and stackable armchair intended for commercial spaces and hospitality areas.
“The Jig chair could have been designed shortly after the invention of the steel tube. Even with a well established material, I hope I’ve designed something new and with a unique personality.” Says Chris Martin
In just two years Massproductions has established itself as one of the most exciting furniture companies in Europe. Their first collection included the “Tio” chair, which is generally considered to be a new modern classic. This is their 3rd presentation at the Stockholm Furniture Fair and sees the collection expanding into upholstered products, under the creative direction of designer Chris Martin – an Englishman who has made his home in Stockholm. Together with fellow designer and co-owner Magnus Elebäck, Massproductions continues to deliver elegant, rational and functional furniture pieces to grace our built environments.
|Harry stool by Massproductions||Serpentine by
- Concrete Things by Komplot for Nola
- Resilience by Julia Lohmann
- Tokujin Yoshioka’s Panna Chair install…ation at Moroso in New York
- BRCK portable internet router by Ushahid…i "designed to work anywhere"
- Claesson Koivisto Rune uses two types of… wood to make stripy furniture
- Corniches by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec …for Vitra
- Furniture by Residentat MOST
- Coffee tables by Ding3000 for Normann Co…penhagen
- Soap and light visualise sound vibration…s in Dagny Rewera's installation
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories