This plastic cutlery that clips together to form little sculptures at the dinner table is by German design studio ding3000.
Called Join, the pieces have little sections cut out in the middle, which allow them to slot into each other.
The cutlery comes in a variety of colours.
Here's a bit of text from the designers:
JOIN by DING3000
Cutlery turns into cover. JOIN is more than simply knife, fork or spoon. It is a decoration for the table. The magic joining mechanism fascinates everybody. But not everybody will manage at once to transform the little sculpture into cutlery. A little skill and a good eye is necessary.
But do not worry – up to now nobody starved when unravelling the magic knot. Many times a meal grew cold because the cutlery itself, made of long life high-tech plastic material, was simply too fascinating. You should book JOIN a place at your table.
The cutlery was developed in co-operation with BASF. Awarded with the “design plus award” and the “interior innovation award” of the imm cologne
Design: DING3000, Hanover, Germany
Year of Design: 2010
Country of Origin: Germany
Material: Ultramid ®
Colours: white, black, purple, pink, green, light blue, dark blue, yellow
Length: 205 mm
Weight: 32 g
Producer: Konstantin Slawinski housewarming objects
|Zlin cutlery by
|Urushi series by
- Donna Wilson on her knitted tree for the… Stepney Green Design Collection
- Stitch Room by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
- Mini by Designerette
- Minimalist Effect in the Maximalist Mark…et by Antrepo
- The Modern Pantry restaurant by Jump Stu…dios
- Departed Glory by Wieki Somers
- Grcic produces limited edition tables
- My Way talks with Design Academy Eindhov…en
- Glassware by Peter Zumthor for Alessi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories