Called Point, the lamp shades were suspended in the carved wooden stairwell of the Biologiska museum, where 20 young designers presented work among the museum's dioramas of stuffed animals - see our earlier story for more information.
Taylor also presented a series of candle sticks called Dot, made from brass pine and silver.
Stockholm Design Week took place 7-13 February. See all our coverage of the event here »
Here are some more details from Taylor:
A new candlestick series accompanies a pendant lamp in kicking off an exhibition intensive 2011.
The candlestick edition “Dot” comprises 3 pieces made to work together as a group and to cooperate when used throughout a living space. Brass, pine and silver are integrated into a pleasing disharmony that projects a natural balance and speaks of an earthy, organic calm.
“Point” has been named after the place where the land runs out and the water begins, a pendant lamp that borrows it’s characteristic form from it’s candlestick cousin “Dot”. Plastic, paper and hemp each play a role in the construction and look of this piece. “Point” is a reduction, without removing the sentiment of the work, exuding a warm and welcoming generosity that is its essence.
My workshop and studio is at MADE BY: in the Birkastan district of Stockholm. Here I produce unique applied art objects and short series pieces for private collectors, museums and institutional collections.
by David Taylor
by Yen-Wen Tseng
- Work in Progress at the Royal College of… Art
- B60 Sloop by John Pawson and Luca Brenta
- Penda creates landscape of purple pillar…s for audio-visual installation in a Chinese park
- Upper Class Suite by Pengelly Design and… Virgin Atlantic
- Packaging Lights by Anke Weiss
- Hulger Indian Call Centre and The Replen…ishing Body movie
- Timeline by Luca Nichetto for Skultuna
- Greenland’s first product designer tri…ggers “explosion of new designers” in her homeland
- Wearable device could detect disease "wh…en the nearest doctor is days away"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories