Called Bone Chair, the design was developed by creating a boxy approximation of a seat and selectively removing material from each plane.
The prototype was presented as part of 101% Designed in Brussels at the fair.
Stockholm Furniture Fair took place 8-12 February. See all our coverage fo the event »
Here's a tiny bit of text from Julien de Smedt Architects:
The dissection of a chair, cutting away all the ballast material. What is left is BONE, a chair's skeleton.
Project: Chair design
Dmensions: 54 (l) x 57 (d) x 79 (h) cm
Project Team: Julien de Smedt, Wouter Dons
|Bone Armchair by
Huibert van Muilwijk
|BAC chair by
- Big Jambox by Yves Behar for Jawbone at …Dezeen Super Store
- Capo by Doshi Levien for Cappellini
- Making of Thomas Heatherwick's London 20…12 Olympic cauldron
- Special feature: design by celebrities
- Lápis - Drawing Experience
- Bertha by Donna Wilson for SCP at MOST
- Tales of the Hunt: Raw Edges
- Designed in Hackney: Offset by Tomás Al…onso
- LED table lamp by Michael Young for Wäs…tberg
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories