Called Bone Chair, the design was developed by creating a boxy approximation of a seat and selectively removing material from each plane.
The prototype was presented as part of 101% Designed in Brussels at the fair.
Stockholm Furniture Fair took place 8-12 February. See all our coverage fo the event »
Here's a tiny bit of text from Julien de Smedt Architects:
The dissection of a chair, cutting away all the ballast material. What is left is BONE, a chair's skeleton.
Project: Chair design
Dmensions: 54 (l) x 57 (d) x 79 (h) cm
Project Team: Julien de Smedt, Wouter Dons
|Bone Armchair by
Huibert van Muilwijk
|BAC chair by
- Beautiful Planets by Béatrix Li-Chin Lo…os at Galerie Gosserez
- The Shell by Maarten Baas
- Labvert's glass fragrance tester for Dio…r prevents mixing of scents
- Lamp Girls by Marianne Maric
- Barber and Osgerby's Design Museum exhib…ition "could almost be called the aluminium show"
- Objects for the Neighbour at Passagen
- Xmas Declarations by Ctrl.Alt.Shift
- And Nowhere a Shadow by Cohen Van Balen …at Future Perfect
- Basic Armchair by Lagranja Design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories