Called Bone Chair, the design was developed by creating a boxy approximation of a seat and selectively removing material from each plane.
The prototype was presented as part of 101% Designed in Brussels at the fair.
Stockholm Furniture Fair took place 8-12 February. See all our coverage fo the event »
Here's a tiny bit of text from Julien de Smedt Architects:
The dissection of a chair, cutting away all the ballast material. What is left is BONE, a chair's skeleton.
Project: Chair design
Dmensions: 54 (l) x 57 (d) x 79 (h) cm
Project Team: Julien de Smedt, Wouter Dons
|Bone Armchair by
Huibert van Muilwijk
|BAC chair by
- Surreal Minimalism by David Pompa
- Rubikon Pinhole Rebel by Jaroslav Juřic…a
- Launch of Llustre.com
- Corian: 40 Years - 40 Designers
- Pila and Pilo by Ronan & Erwan Bouroulle…cfor Magis
- Rolf Sachs at Selfridges
- The Guest by Jaime Hayón for Lladró
- Stefan Sagmeister in Belgrade
- Studio Toogood creates a blood red insta…llation for Hermès
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories