Called Bone Chair, the design was developed by creating a boxy approximation of a seat and selectively removing material from each plane.
The prototype was presented as part of 101% Designed in Brussels at the fair.
Stockholm Furniture Fair took place 8-12 February. See all our coverage fo the event »
Here's a tiny bit of text from Julien de Smedt Architects:
The dissection of a chair, cutting away all the ballast material. What is left is BONE, a chair's skeleton.
Project: Chair design
Dmensions: 54 (l) x 57 (d) x 79 (h) cm
Project Team: Julien de Smedt, Wouter Dons
|Bone Armchair by
Huibert van Muilwijk
|BAC chair by
- Special edition ultra black MY03 Hacker …at Dezeen Watch Store
- Another Geography by Kimihiko Okada
- Federico Babina inserts 20th century arc…hitecture into famous artworks
- New Pinterest board: Swedish design
- Successful Living by Diesel Creative Tea…m and Foscarini
- The Chankley Bore by Maarten Baas
- Ora-Ito at Belgrade Design Week
- Valet by Ett la Benn
- Acupuncture needles ripple across Izzy P…arker's Tactile Treatment cape
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories