Called Bone Chair, the design was developed by creating a boxy approximation of a seat and selectively removing material from each plane.
The prototype was presented as part of 101% Designed in Brussels at the fair.
Stockholm Furniture Fair took place 8-12 February. See all our coverage fo the event »
Here's a tiny bit of text from Julien de Smedt Architects:
The dissection of a chair, cutting away all the ballast material. What is left is BONE, a chair's skeleton.
Project: Chair design
Dmensions: 54 (l) x 57 (d) x 79 (h) cm
Project Team: Julien de Smedt, Wouter Dons
|Bone Armchair by
Huibert van Muilwijk
|BAC chair by
- Antenna by Neil Poulton for Vertigo Bird
- S - Chair Transformers by Beton
- Seracs sofa by Alfredo Häberli
- Blooming Structures by Sivan Royz
- Lyndon Neri and Alberto Alessi pay tribu…te to Michael Graves
- Between Two Rivers by Siba Sahabi
- Bird chair by Jungmo Yang
- Solar Tree by Ross Lovegrove 2
- Keer Chair by Reinier de Jong
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories