Called Bone Chair, the design was developed by creating a boxy approximation of a seat and selectively removing material from each plane.
The prototype was presented as part of 101% Designed in Brussels at the fair.
Stockholm Furniture Fair took place 8-12 February. See all our coverage fo the event »
Here's a tiny bit of text from Julien de Smedt Architects:
The dissection of a chair, cutting away all the ballast material. What is left is BONE, a chair's skeleton.
Project: Chair design
Dmensions: 54 (l) x 57 (d) x 79 (h) cm
Project Team: Julien de Smedt, Wouter Dons
|Bone Armchair by
Huibert van Muilwijk
|BAC chair by
- Plug-In by MAP Studio
- Jasper Morrison for Samsung
- Arik Levy's RockGrowth sculpture sits un…der the Atomium
- Foster + Partners combines the cruising …yacht with the day boat to create Alen 68 vessel
- Design Miami Chat Shows: Tom Dixon
- Mossa Chair by Simone Simonelli for Prom…osedia
- Cube by Matthias Zschaler
- Suspended Figure by Ayako Maruta at Dies…el Denim Gallery Aoyama
- Plantation collection by Alexander Loter…sztain
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories