Called KHV60, the collection is handmade in an edition of 60 unique, numbered and hallmarked pieces.
Here are some more details from the designer:
David will be presenting 60 new candlesticks at Konsthantverkarna this spring. Made from silver, steel and beech wood, these pieces represent an unparalleled level of mass production in his output. ”My work revolves around unique and short series editions of very restricted numbers the KHV60 Edition is the first time I have made more than 10 of anything”
The KHV60 Edition draws it’s form and choice of materials from two conflicting needs, that of economy and the need to be made by hand. The result is an elegant wooden candlestick with silver details; which create a soothing layered effect that is the visual hook into the work. No two pieces are the same and each piece is fully numbered and hallmarked.
Scandinavia’s oldest and largest crafts collective KONSTHANTVERKARNA celebrates 60 years of operation this year. Founded in 1951 Konsthantverkarnas members, past and present, are a who’s who of contemporary Swedish Crafts and whose work has had a massive influence on the development of what today is recognized as Scandinavian design.
David Taylor has been an active member of Konsthantverkarna since 2009.
by David Taylor
|Handmade Mass Production
by Simon Donald
- Josh Bitelli uses welding equipment to… make containers from coils of molten steel
- XO-3 by fuseproject
- José Collection by Mauricio Arruda
- "We have created a new type of water" …- Philippe Starck
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Clinton Shel…don
- Ellie Birkhead's oddly shaped brushes …each clean different items
- Fingers by Nik Ramage for Laikingland
- Vincent Dubourg at Carpenters Workshop
- Explosion Cabinet by Sebastian Errazur…iz expands using sliding joints
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories