Called Punkt. AC 01, the design comprises an extruded L-shaped aluminium base with a circular hole housing the clock face and mechanism.
The product comes in black, red and white and is Morrison's second for the brand - see our earlier story on his Punkt. DP 01 telephone launched in September last year.
The details below are from Punkt.:
“It’s an alarm clock with a shape that I designed... it sits slightly angled on an ‘L’ shaped aluminium extrusion, with the clock face set into a round hole. A rocker-switch, to set the alarm on and off, rotates around the mechanism, which sticks out of the back, and a small window below the 12 marker on the clock face indicates its status.” Jasper Morrison.
Punkt. AC 01 offers you the pleasure of going back to the traditional alarm clock for everyday use. Why have your cell phone lying on your bedside table, when you can be woken up by a superb design object such as the AC 01? No fumbling around in the dark, no radiation emissions, and no unwanted calls in the middle of the night; just the pleasure of trusting your sleeping hours to a wonderfully simple object that, thanks to its extraordinary simplicity, will delight you every time you wake up to it.
Essential and timeless
If function defines design, then the essentiality of the AC 01 is natural - like the daily routine of waking up - which makes the AC 01 a timeless timepiece.
Simple and intuitive
Set the alarm on; switch it off; prolong sleep by activating snooze; check the time in the middle of the night. Four simple actions which need to be performed intuitively; as with the AC 01.
Long lasting materials
The AC 01 dial is protected by thick scratch-proof glass and surrounded by a solid aluminium body to ensure product longevity.
- Flip Series by Daisuke Motogi Architec…ture for Sixinch Japan
- Natural Speakers by Joon&Jung
- Marlies Schets' reflective fabrics tur…n everyday accessories into cycling safety gear
- Andrés Jaque's giant water purifier u…nveiled in MoMA PS1 courtyard
- Bookinist by Nils Holger Moormann
- Dezeen Screen: Ventura Lambrate
- "Shoreditch symbolises the new creativ…e economy of London"
- Katrin Olina bends steel pipes into pr…oducts for reading
- Assemble's Brutalist Playground is a c…limbable landscape of ice-cream-coloured shapes
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories