The chair, called Maritime, is constructed from ash plywood with the curves following the grain of the timber.
The following is from Casamania:
Benjamin Hubert x Casamania
Inspired by traditional wooden shipbuilding techniques maritime is a solid wood range of chairs that are skinned internally with a formed plywood shell.
The construction technique where the supports are visible on the outside allows for a distinctive design language that is in harmony with the material and production. The ribs allow for a structurally robust chair with minimum use of material.
Maritime is comprised from solid and laminate ash and offered as an upholstered option. To enhance the construction details the range is also offered in translucent dyed colourways.
- David Adjaye creates Stool 7 for new onl…ine design platform Standseven
- Cloud Chair by Richard Hutten
- Forest of One Room by Naruse Inokuma
- Hoof by Samuel Wilkinson for &tradition
- The Empty Chair by Maarten Baas for Amne…sty International
- Locker by Magnus Pettersen for the Stepn…ey Green Design Collection
- Oneness by Kyuhyung Cho and Hironori Tsu…kue
- Global Street Food by Mike Meiré for Do…rnbracht
- Towel Hanger by Hioomi Tahara
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories