The chair, called Maritime, is constructed from ash plywood with the curves following the grain of the timber.
The following is from Casamania:
Benjamin Hubert x Casamania
Inspired by traditional wooden shipbuilding techniques maritime is a solid wood range of chairs that are skinned internally with a formed plywood shell.
The construction technique where the supports are visible on the outside allows for a distinctive design language that is in harmony with the material and production. The ribs allow for a structurally robust chair with minimum use of material.
Maritime is comprised from solid and laminate ash and offered as an upholstered option. To enhance the construction details the range is also offered in translucent dyed colourways.
- The Magic Collection by Front
- An Introvert's Transformation to Extrove…rsion by Lilian Hipolyte Mushi
- The Upside Dome by Gijs Van Vaerenbergh
- Wallpaper* editor resigns
- Osmosis by Arik Levy
- Maarten Baas in Milan
- Parrish by Konstantin Grcic for Emeco
- The Copper Collection by Aldo Bakker at …Thomas Eyck
- NHow Hotel Milan by Matteo Thun 2
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories