The Virgola chair is designed to unfold from an armchair into a single bed.
It is designed with a removable cover, which can be replaced to hide the folding mechanism.
The chair can be paired with another to create a sofa and a fold-out double bed.
Photography is by Ezio Prandini.
The following is from Campeggi:
Virgola Giulio Manzoni 2011
From a seat hovers a comma shaped band which wraps it turning into arm and back of a small armchair.
Matching two commas you obtain a little sofa or a double bed.
- Barnaby Barford mirrors and figurines
- Till You Stop by Mischer’Traxler
- Silvia Fado designs impact absorbers f…or more comfortable high-heeled shoes
- Free space for light designers at Tent… London
- 21 Grams is a sex toy that contains th…e ashes of a dead partner
- Zaha Hadid among celebrity Christmas b…auble designers
- Funktionide by Stefan Ulrich
- Simin Qiu turns wood offcuts into patt…erned desk accessories for End Grain collection
- Pod by Benjamin Hubert for De Vorm
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories