The Virgola chair is designed to unfold from an armchair into a single bed.
It is designed with a removable cover, which can be replaced to hide the folding mechanism.
The chair can be paired with another to create a sofa and a fold-out double bed.
Photography is by Ezio Prandini.
The following is from Campeggi:
Virgola Giulio Manzoni 2011
From a seat hovers a comma shaped band which wraps it turning into arm and back of a small armchair.
Matching two commas you obtain a little sofa or a double bed.
- Dezeen Watch Store January sale
- Hydraulic mechanisms tilt singers at Mon…cler Autumn Winter 2014 presentation
- Pretty Vases Collection by FX Balléry
- Nendo manipulates metal to form Softer t…han Steel furniture collection
- Discipline's 2014 collection includes an… apple-shaped desk tidy
- Hanna Yoon's Experience Journal helps yo…u record your favourite places
- Flying City Tableware by Carsten Höller… for Nymphenburg
- SodaStream Source by Yves Béhar at MOST
- Claesson Koivisto Rune extends its W131a…luminium lighting range for Wästberg
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories