The Virgola chair is designed to unfold from an armchair into a single bed.
It is designed with a removable cover, which can be replaced to hide the folding mechanism.
The chair can be paired with another to create a sofa and a fold-out double bed.
Photography is by Ezio Prandini.
The following is from Campeggi:
Virgola Giulio Manzoni 2011
From a seat hovers a comma shaped band which wraps it turning into arm and back of a small armchair.
Matching two commas you obtain a little sofa or a double bed.
- Moonwatch by The Emotion Lab
- Poly Bowls by Martin Zampach
- Michael Young relaunches PXR-5 watch tha…t caused "queues blocking the corridors"
- Vitality by fuseproject for Sabi
- Interview with Kwangho Lee
- Rolf Sachs at Selfridges
- Today at Dezeen Platform: C.A.N
- Architects' sketches of chairs influence… Richard Hutten's seat for Offecct
- Studio Swine extends collection of produ…cts made from hair
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories