The Virgola chair is designed to unfold from an armchair into a single bed.
It is designed with a removable cover, which can be replaced to hide the folding mechanism.
The chair can be paired with another to create a sofa and a fold-out double bed.
Photography is by Ezio Prandini.
The following is from Campeggi:
Virgola Giulio Manzoni 2011
From a seat hovers a comma shaped band which wraps it turning into arm and back of a small armchair.
Matching two commas you obtain a little sofa or a double bed.
- Outrace by Clemens Weisshaar & Reed Kram
- Scout designed by Big-Game now available… at Dezeen Watch Store
- "It's easy for young designers to get st…uck in Berlin"
- Pico by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec for Mut…ina
- Snøhetta entices bees into Oslo with ho…ney-coloured Vulkan Beehives
- Vendôme by Kram/Weisshaar
- The Other Volcano by Nelly Ben Hayoun
- Claesson Koivisto Rune's Gate sofa provi…des public charging points
- Lace Fence goes into production
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories