The Virgola chair is designed to unfold from an armchair into a single bed.
It is designed with a removable cover, which can be replaced to hide the folding mechanism.
The chair can be paired with another to create a sofa and a fold-out double bed.
Photography is by Ezio Prandini.
The following is from Campeggi:
Virgola Giulio Manzoni 2011
From a seat hovers a comma shaped band which wraps it turning into arm and back of a small armchair.
Matching two commas you obtain a little sofa or a double bed.
- NewspaperWood by Mieke Meijer and Vij5
- Piggyback by Thomas Heatherwick for Magi…s
- Kabino by Simon Legald for Normann Copen…hagen
- Useful Arbeitsloser (Jobless) by Lee San…ghyeok
- Second Nature by Tokujin Yoshioka
- The Imperfectionist by Sophie Duran
- Species of Illumination interactive ligh…ts go in search of humans and dark spots
- Plum Stool by Alvaro Uribe
- Bob Schiller aims to revive Dutch bicycl…e manufacturing industry with Epo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories