Japanese designers Nendo have produced these transparent sets of earphones that look like jellyfish.
The earphones are available in a variety of colours and come packaged in small plastic bottles.
Photography is by Hiroshi Iwasaki and Masayuki Hayashi.
The following is from the designers:
We designed earphones “otokurage” for a Japanese computer accessories manufacturer “ELECOM”
We enlarged the silicon ear caps that cover earphones to hide the entire device, creating a set of in-ear headphones with a soft feel and an unusual transparency like that of a jellyfish.
Because the earphones' components are unified into one piece, substituting the colour or size of the earcap changes their look entirely.
To keep with the image of a jellyfish floating in the water, the packaging was inspired by a PET plastic soft drink bottle.
This product will be sold in Japan from end of May.
- In Vino Veritas by Matali Crasset
- Alessandro Mendini revisits Proust chair… for marble exhibition
- Animal: The Other Side of Evolution by A…na Rajcevic
- Kelly by Claesson Koivisto Rune for Tacc…hini
- Skinni by Adrien Rovero
- Ai Weiwei at Albion Gallery
- Antenna Lights by Adrien Rovero
- Ex-Boyfriend Revenge Kit features colour…-coordinated weapons
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories