The temporary installation in London, which was conceived and built in three weeks, was created to display garments from Topshop's autumn/winter 2011 collection to the press.
Elsewhere white blocks provide seating and display shoes and accessories.
Photography is by 42 Architects.
The following information is from the architects:
Twister - Topshop Press Day Installation, London
4 2 a r c h i t e c t s
Johan Berglund of London-based 42 architects have designed a spatial installation for Topshop's AW 11 press event in London, UK, working to an very tight timeframe of only three weeks from concept to completion.
Twister proposes a spatial configuration built of swirls, swooshes, vortexes and eddys - manifested as a system of hand formed black PVC coated tubes onto which garments can be hung. Visitors are invited to follow the structure as it winds through the room, while encountering concentrations of displayed garments along the way. The black tube also acts to bind the various collections together into one thematic whole. Around the structure sits a second layer of smaller white structures; benches and tables that hold shoes, accessories and makeup displays, as well as acting as seats for visitors.
Twister continues themes currently being in our studio. We take a great interest in the relationship between the body and space, with architecture acting as a mediator that can provoke and promote very specific types of uses and movement patterns.
- Nature-inspired hotel lounge by Jouin Ma…nku features an organic fireplace
- MYER Head Office by Büro North
- Arne Quinze for Jaga 2
- Junya Ishigami at the Barbican
- Spontaneous City in the Tree of Heavenby… London Fieldworks
- 72 Rivington Street by The Klassnik Corp…oration
- 8A Architecten adds combined staircase a…nd sofa to Leiden house
- L’Eclaireur Paris store by Studio Arne… Quinze
- "We're lucky to be a family-owned compan…y; we can do things we like to do"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories