Called The Plain Collection, the designs in pigmented clay retain the finger prints of the hands that squeezed and moulded them.
The series includes chairs, lamps, a side table, mirror and console.
Here are some more details from Maarten Baas:
Based on the concept of the earlier Clay series, Maarten Baas presents The Plain Collection at Spazio Rossana Orlandi. Maarten will be present in Milan till Friday April 15th.
In this rudimentary Clay series the finger prints of the hands that squeezed the clay are still visible, making each piece of furniture a unique product. For the restaurant of the Groninger Museum, the material has been developed further in order to make it stronger for public use.
The clay of the Plain Collection is treated in such way that the pieces don’t need to be lacquered like the original Clay series.Through a special technique, the material is pigmented in order to create the three different colours of the collection: Black, Red and Natural.
All pieces are made by hand, in the workshop of Maarten Baas & Bas den Herder, in The Netherlands.
- The Hybrid Project by Readymade Projects…, Mogollon and Daniel Hakansson
- Trufa by Anton García-Abril
- Once Upon a Dream by Mathieu Lehanneur f…or Veuve Clicquot
- 100% Inspiration: Amos Marchant
- Wouldn’t it be Nice… at Somerset Hou…se
- "New Yorkers all of a sudden are interes…ted in quality of life"
- Veil by Dan Tomimatsu
- Change! by BCXSY
- "Kitchen design should be less masculine…" - Patricia Urquiola
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories