This floating bench by Japanese studio h220430 appears to be held up by bunches of balloons at either end.
The aluminium Balloon Bench is suspended from anchor points in the ceiling, concealed by clusters of polyethylene balloons.
See also: Rubber Stool by h220430
Here are some more details fromt he designers:
This is bench was visually inspired by the feeling of floating that the main character felt in the French movie, “Le Ballon Rouge”(1953).
In reality the bench is suspended from the ceiling by 4 anchors concealed by the balloon shapes. This creates the illusion of the bench being lifted by balloons.
W:1050 D:400 H:FREE SH:FREE
- Charity sale of designer napkins
- Decanterlight by Lee Broom at The Temp…orium
- Jasper Morrison for Samsung
- Esource by Hal Watts at Show RCA 2012
- Martino Gamper for Nilufar
- Pixel Mould by Julian Bond
- Helmut Smits' The Real Thing turns Coc…a-Cola back into water
- Infobar A02 by Naoto Fukasawa for KDDI
- Olivier van Herpt 3D-prints functional… ceramic objects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories