The Prop-er Benches each have one shortened pair of legs so they need to rest on the surface below.
They can be arranged freely, providing three surfaces at chair height, table height and shelf height.
New Designers took place 6-9 July. See more work from the show here.
Here are some more details from Oscar Medley-Whitfield:
The Prop-er Benches are a collection of benches that co-depend on one another in order to perform their functions.
Although the benches are not physically bound it is their reliance on each other that forms their bond. The benches co-operate with one another to prop themselves up, creating three key surface heights.
Due to each bench being a separate entity from the last, they can be arranged into a number of different formats allowing them to easily adapt to different situations, contexts or simply personal preferences.
- Bachag by Joongho Choi
- Tile Stove Project by Dick van Hoff for …Royal Tichelaar Makkum
- W Hotels Designers of the Future Award 2…013 projects at Design Miami/Basel
- An Alarm by Industrial Facility at Dezee…n Watch Store
- Alec Issigonis "would be happy that MINI… is alive and kicking" says BMW design chief
- Fixperts by Daniel Charny and James Carr…igan
- Buro by DesignWright for Lexon
- Galerie Kreo launches London gallery wit…h work by Grcic, Hayon, Bouroullecs and more
- Sancal's 2015 collection includes furnit…ure that pieces together like a puzzle
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories