The Prop-er Benches each have one shortened pair of legs so they need to rest on the surface below.
They can be arranged freely, providing three surfaces at chair height, table height and shelf height.
New Designers took place 6-9 July. See more work from the show here.
Here are some more details from Oscar Medley-Whitfield:
The Prop-er Benches are a collection of benches that co-depend on one another in order to perform their functions.
Although the benches are not physically bound it is their reliance on each other that forms their bond. The benches co-operate with one another to prop themselves up, creating three key surface heights.
Due to each bench being a separate entity from the last, they can be arranged into a number of different formats allowing them to easily adapt to different situations, contexts or simply personal preferences.
- Tsunagu by Kengo Kuma
- Cross by Karim Rashid for Freedom of C…reation
- Sessantuna by Gaetano Pesce for Cassin…a
- Comme des Garçons Guerrilla Store +41…61
- Erratum by Jeremy Hutchison
- Zaha Hadid at IMM Cologne
- Manipulated light projections become 3…D-printed jewellery with Tactum
- Tokyo Designers Week interviews: Jaime… Hayón
- Sebastian Cox uses coppiced wood to cr…eate Underwood furniture collection
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories