The Prop-er Benches each have one shortened pair of legs so they need to rest on the surface below.
They can be arranged freely, providing three surfaces at chair height, table height and shelf height.
New Designers took place 6-9 July. See more work from the show here.
Here are some more details from Oscar Medley-Whitfield:
The Prop-er Benches are a collection of benches that co-depend on one another in order to perform their functions.
Although the benches are not physically bound it is their reliance on each other that forms their bond. The benches co-operate with one another to prop themselves up, creating three key surface heights.
Due to each bench being a separate entity from the last, they can be arranged into a number of different formats allowing them to easily adapt to different situations, contexts or simply personal preferences.
- Barnaby Barford mirrors and figurines
- Movie: Studio Libertiny at Design Miami
- Glasgow-made watches by Paulin launch at… Dezeen Watch Store
- Stripes and Peignes by Philippe Nigro fo…r Ligne Roset
- Druida barbecue by Mermeladaestudio
- Pod by Benjamin Hubert for De Vorm
- Recent work by Kelly McCallum
- Reed Krakoff creates furniture made from… felt for Established & Sons
- Stone Blind and Qanah by Sruli Recht
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories