Korean designer Joongho Choi designed this chair to be carried over one shoulder like a handbag.
The curved wooden shell features a luggage-like 'strap' between the seat and backrest.
Obviously the protruding legs make this a particularly dangerous way to transport a chair and Joongho Choi says he simply meant to fuse furniture with fashion details.
Called Bachag, the design is in production with Boheumg Furniture.
Here are some more details from the designer:
Bachag was a part of iDEALGRAPHY project, 2010, to create mix & match style within furnitures and fashion.
It was aimed to show the contrastive image in between much different expressions.
It was designed to express structures, usability and looks of bags and to provide comfort and unity when it is sit as if one is wearing bags.
Material: Wood, Aluminum
Manufacture: Boheumg Furniture
- Key designs by Peter Saville
- Mantis by Böttcher+Henssler for Vertigo… Bird
- TransPlastic by Campana Brothers 2
- Biennale Interieur "gives chances to a n…ew generation of designers"
- White Gold series by Roderick Vos
- Kartell presents new Ettore Sottsass col…lection in Memphis-themed exhibition
- Pi Watch by Ben McCarthy for Workshopped
- Dressed collection by Jens Praet
- V&A exhibition to celebrate objects desi…gned for political protests
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories