Korean designer Joongho Choi designed this chair to be carried over one shoulder like a handbag.
The curved wooden shell features a luggage-like 'strap' between the seat and backrest.
Obviously the protruding legs make this a particularly dangerous way to transport a chair and Joongho Choi says he simply meant to fuse furniture with fashion details.
Called Bachag, the design is in production with Boheumg Furniture.
Here are some more details from the designer:
Bachag was a part of iDEALGRAPHY project, 2010, to create mix & match style within furnitures and fashion.
It was aimed to show the contrastive image in between much different expressions.
It was designed to express structures, usability and looks of bags and to provide comfort and unity when it is sit as if one is wearing bags.
Material: Wood, Aluminum
Manufacture: Boheumg Furniture
- "Heat-shrinking the polystyrene cups cre…ated beautiful shapes" - Paul Cocksedge
- Serpentine Pavilion Intervention by Unit…ed Visual Artists
- VIK lounge chair by Arian Brekveld for S…pectrum
- Garden of Russolo by Yuri Suzuki
- Windoil by Dave Hakkens
- Stanley Series by Simon Donald
- Fungi Mutarium turns waste plastic into …edible treats
- Long-d by Kitmen Keung
- Egg of Columbus by Valentina Carretta of… Fabrica for Seletti
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories