Korean designer Joongho Choi designed this chair to be carried over one shoulder like a handbag.
The curved wooden shell features a luggage-like 'strap' between the seat and backrest.
Obviously the protruding legs make this a particularly dangerous way to transport a chair and Joongho Choi says he simply meant to fuse furniture with fashion details.
Called Bachag, the design is in production with Boheumg Furniture.
Here are some more details from the designer:
Bachag was a part of iDEALGRAPHY project, 2010, to create mix & match style within furnitures and fashion.
It was aimed to show the contrastive image in between much different expressions.
It was designed to express structures, usability and looks of bags and to provide comfort and unity when it is sit as if one is wearing bags.
Material: Wood, Aluminum
Manufacture: Boheumg Furniture
- Foldable Sewing Machine by Richard Burro…w at New Designers
- Takaya incorporates taxidermy into botan…ical headdresses
- Digital camera concept by Jared Mankelow
- Dezeen's top 10 installations of 2014
- Das Haus – Interiors on Stage by Doshi… Levien at imm cologne
- Glen Baghurst's debut furniture range fu…ses cultural influences
- Edible water bottle replaces plastic wit…h algae
- Little Triple Chair by Frederik Roijé
- New photos of work by Heath Nash
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories