Korean designer Joongho Choi designed this chair to be carried over one shoulder like a handbag.
The curved wooden shell features a luggage-like 'strap' between the seat and backrest.
Obviously the protruding legs make this a particularly dangerous way to transport a chair and Joongho Choi says he simply meant to fuse furniture with fashion details.
Called Bachag, the design is in production with Boheumg Furniture.
Here are some more details from the designer:
Bachag was a part of iDEALGRAPHY project, 2010, to create mix & match style within furnitures and fashion.
It was aimed to show the contrastive image in between much different expressions.
It was designed to express structures, usability and looks of bags and to provide comfort and unity when it is sit as if one is wearing bags.
Material: Wood, Aluminum
Manufacture: Boheumg Furniture
- BAC chair by Jasper Morrison for Cappell…ini
- ScanLAB and Vivienne Westwood collaborat…e on first laser-scanned photoshoot
- Droog show Taiwan fruits
- The Body by Kirsi Enkovaara can be twist…ed and folded to create endless seating shapes
- Post Fossil at 21_21 Design Sight
- Switch Floor Lamp by Tim Webber Design
- Claesson Koivisto Rune unveils Xtra Larg…e modular table for Offecct
- CDSea by Bruce Munro
- Shadow and Light by Front for Porro
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories