In the second instalment of our video interview with Rem Koolhaas, the OMA co-founder discusses two of his current preoccupations: the countryside, which he is addressing for the first time; and generic architecture, which could result in neutral, copyright-free building forms.
Both topics are discussed in the OMA/Progress exhibition which opened at Barbican Art Gallery in London last week.
- Tom Kundig creates "virtually indestruct…ible" steel cabin on stilts
- Plassen Cultural Centre by 3XN
- Peruri 88 by MVRDV, Jerde and Arup
- Casa Rosto do Cão by M-Arquitectos is f…ronted by four white blocks
- Villa 1 by Powerhouse Company
- Besiktas Fish Market by GAD
- Villa Jian by CU Office
- Staedel Museum extension by Schneider+Sc…humacher Architekten
- Caja Oscura by Javier Corvalán
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories