In the second instalment of our video interview with Rem Koolhaas, the OMA co-founder discusses two of his current preoccupations: the countryside, which he is addressing for the first time; and generic architecture, which could result in neutral, copyright-free building forms.
Both topics are discussed in the OMA/Progress exhibition which opened at Barbican Art Gallery in London last week.
- The city of the future "will be both p…hysical and digital"
- Hotel Topazz by BWM Architekten und Pa…rtner and Michael Manzenreiter
- Lichtstroeme by Loop.pH
- Haus W by Kraus Schoenberg
- 8 dwellings, 4 artist studios and 1 re…tail area by Charles-Henri Tachon
- Potasze House by Neostudio Architekci
- NDA Planter by no.555
- Duplex by Pugh + Scarpa for Make it Ri…ght
- Hump-shaped house covered in plants by… Patrick Nadeau
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories