In the second instalment of our video interview with Rem Koolhaas, the OMA co-founder discusses two of his current preoccupations: the countryside, which he is addressing for the first time; and generic architecture, which could result in neutral, copyright-free building forms.
Both topics are discussed in the OMA/Progress exhibition which opened at Barbican Art Gallery in London last week.
- Konstantin Schmölzer at Vienna Design W…eek
- Innovation Tower by Zaha Hadid photograp…hed by Edmon Leong
- Admin building for Opole Rural Museum by… db2 Architekci
- Sneak preview: Kanye West’s apartment
- Dezeen’s top ten: hotels
- Family courtyard fronts Fairfield Hacien…da house by MRTN Architects
- Community courtyard conceals a car park …for Winnipeg housing by 5468796 Architecture
- MAD presents Nanjing masterplan at mount…ain-like Venice installation
- London house extension by Cousins and Co…usins has a window wrapping its corner
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories