Qubique 2011: this light by German collective llot llov can be adjusted by hooking the shade onto one of a string of twenty turned wooden balls.
Light is provided by an LED inside the biggest ball and is diffused by a slide-on silicone shade.
Photography is by Vera Hofmann.
Here's some more information from llot llov:
Earl is a flexible light which is convincing through its simple but dynamic system. Twenty wooden pearls, threaded on a cable act as levels in order to adjust the illuminating object. A hook locates the light source to any desired position. This provides an easy method of changing height and orientation, which enables a wide variety of implementation.
The LED light source is embedded into the biggest pearl at the end of the thread. The silicone shade is pushed onto this pearl without being fixated. Similar to a spherical joint the silicone shade can be moved into different directions.
The lighting object is adjustable. Many pieces be combined to create one installation.
The wooden pieces are hand made by German craftsmen. Each Silicon shade is cast by llot llov.
- Movie: Newton Virus by Troika
- Monster Chair by Marcel Wanders for Mooo…i
- Nook by Patrick Frey
- Alessandro Mendini revisits Proust chair… for marble exhibition
- Note Design Studio creates Plateau stora…ge unit to keep the hallway tidy
- Tailored Wood by Raw Edges for Cappellin…i
- Marginal Notes 2012 by Note Design Studi…o
- Stuart Haygarth at ToolsGalerie
- Dezeen launches Zaha Hadid blog
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories