Qubique 2011: this light by German collective llot llov can be adjusted by hooking the shade onto one of a string of twenty turned wooden balls.
Light is provided by an LED inside the biggest ball and is diffused by a slide-on silicone shade.
Photography is by Vera Hofmann.
Here's some more information from llot llov:
Earl is a flexible light which is convincing through its simple but dynamic system. Twenty wooden pearls, threaded on a cable act as levels in order to adjust the illuminating object. A hook locates the light source to any desired position. This provides an easy method of changing height and orientation, which enables a wide variety of implementation.
The LED light source is embedded into the biggest pearl at the end of the thread. The silicone shade is pushed onto this pearl without being fixated. Similar to a spherical joint the silicone shade can be moved into different directions.
The lighting object is adjustable. Many pieces be combined to create one installation.
The wooden pieces are hand made by German craftsmen. Each Silicon shade is cast by llot llov.
- Dezeen Watch Store brings augmented real…ity pop-up shop to Hackney House Austin 2014
- Yu-Chang Chou develops a reusable packag…ing service for sustainable online shopping
- Crudo by Barbara Busatta, Dario Buzzini,… Robin Bigio, Martin Meier and Oliviero Zanon
- Jaime Hayón for Bisazza
- Arne Jacobsen's Munkegaard chair reintro…duced by Howe
- Featured event: Show RCA 2011
- New Shadow Monsters video
- Anodised table by Max Lamb for Deadgood
- Open Tables Ecology by Working Architect…ure Group
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories