The building's walls comprise four interlocking ovals, elevated above the ground and clad in green glazed tiles.
Maggie's Nottingham opened to the public on Wednesday and anyone affected by cancer is invited to pop in for a cup of tea and a chat.
Read more about the centre in our earlier story.
This is the second of three centres opening in the UK this year, following one recently completed in Glasgow by OMA.
- NHow Hotel Milan by Matteo Thun 2
- Tea house by David Maštálka
- SBF Tower by Hans Hollein
- Kilden performing arts centre by ALA Arc…hitects
- Junichiro Ikeura embraces the triangle w…ith Japanese salon and office
- Maison Beauvallon by Raphaëlle Segond
- Momentary City by Vector Architects
- House by Kazuhiko Kishimoto has a public… seating deck and gallery underneath
- Tour Signal by Jean Nouvel
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories