The selective laser sintering process enables complex objects to be created from plastic powder, which is gradually fused into a solid form by a computer-controlled laser.
Melka-Teichroew's original collection explored ways of producing jewellery with joints made from balls printed inside larger balls – see our previous story on Jointed Jewels
The necklaces and bracelets combine geometric forms with delicate detailing that would be impossible to manufacture in any other way.
Other interesting jewellery projects on Dezeen include Matali Crasset's designs featuring miniature figures and a collection made from elastic bands – see all of our stories about jewellery here
- Collective Works by Mischer'Traxler
- X-Federation by Victor Vetterlein
- The Dinner Party/True-to-life Design by …Scholten & Baijings
- Whitney Graphic Identity by Experimental… Jetset
- "Everybody could have their body scanned… and order clothes that fit perfectly"
- New watches at the Dezeen Watch Store
- Poured Bar by Studio Glithero
- Maxime Loiseau's streamlined headphones …feature printed electronics
- Diversity by Nacho Carbonell
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories