The selective laser sintering process enables complex objects to be created from plastic powder, which is gradually fused into a solid form by a computer-controlled laser.
Melka-Teichroew's original collection explored ways of producing jewellery with joints made from balls printed inside larger balls – see our previous story on Jointed Jewels
The necklaces and bracelets combine geometric forms with delicate detailing that would be impossible to manufacture in any other way.
Other interesting jewellery projects on Dezeen include Matali Crasset's designs featuring miniature figures and a collection made from elastic bands – see all of our stories about jewellery here
- SKVÍS by Siggi Eggertsson at Spark Des…ign Space
- Vase and kitchen timer by Studio Lama
- Torsten Sherwood launches Shaker-influen…ced furniture collection
- Traces of an Imaginary Affair by Björn …Franke
- Lix 3D-printing pen allows users to crea…te solid drawings in the air
- Group Project by Itay Ohaly
- Federico Babina imagines film stars livi…ng inside famous architect-designed houses
- Docklands by PearsonLloyd for Bene
- The Sound of the Earth by Yuri Suzuki
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories