The selective laser sintering process enables complex objects to be created from plastic powder, which is gradually fused into a solid form by a computer-controlled laser.
Melka-Teichroew's original collection explored ways of producing jewellery with joints made from balls printed inside larger balls – see our previous story on Jointed Jewels
The necklaces and bracelets combine geometric forms with delicate detailing that would be impossible to manufacture in any other way.
Other interesting jewellery projects on Dezeen include Matali Crasset's designs featuring miniature figures and a collection made from elastic bands – see all of our stories about jewellery here
- CMYK bulb by Dennis Parren
- Guitars for OK Go by Moritz Waldemeyer
- Leo, Houdini, Eugene and Dash by Stefa…n Diez
- The Alarming Clock by Natalie Duckett
- Allumette sofa by Röthlisberger
- Link by PearsonLloyd
- CLS Mobile Drive by Sylvain Willenz
- RGB Vases – P242 by Oscar Diaz
- Penny Webb's homeware changes colour i…n response to breath, touch or movement
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories