The selective laser sintering process enables complex objects to be created from plastic powder, which is gradually fused into a solid form by a computer-controlled laser.
Melka-Teichroew's original collection explored ways of producing jewellery with joints made from balls printed inside larger balls – see our previous story on Jointed Jewels
The necklaces and bracelets combine geometric forms with delicate detailing that would be impossible to manufacture in any other way.
Other interesting jewellery projects on Dezeen include Matali Crasset's designs featuring miniature figures and a collection made from elastic bands – see all of our stories about jewellery here
- Sling Back by Quirky
- Mondaine's Stop2Go watch launches in red… and black at Dezeen Watch Store
- Pizza Perez by Francesco Moncada
- Clarissa Hood armchair and chair by Patr…icia Urquiola for Moroso
- Architecting the Future at Miami Design …District
- C-Fabriek curated by Itay Ohaly and Thom…as Vailly
- 1.3 Chair by Ki Hyun Kim
- Movie: Dita Von Teese hologram by Musion… for Christian Louboutin at the Design Museum
- Ribbons for Japan by John Pawson
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories