The selective laser sintering process enables complex objects to be created from plastic powder, which is gradually fused into a solid form by a computer-controlled laser.
Melka-Teichroew's original collection explored ways of producing jewellery with joints made from balls printed inside larger balls – see our previous story on Jointed Jewels
The necklaces and bracelets combine geometric forms with delicate detailing that would be impossible to manufacture in any other way.
Other interesting jewellery projects on Dezeen include Matali Crasset's designs featuring miniature figures and a collection made from elastic bands – see all of our stories about jewellery here
- One Day Paper Waste by Jens Praet
- Church Street Bench by Bahbak Hashemi-Ne…zhad
- Fluidity & Design by Zaha Hadid
- Reveal by Studiomama
- Furniture to last 300 years by Brikolör
- Clover by Brodie Neill for Kundalini
- Molteni&C Sofa Chats: Nigel Coates
- Nonla lamps by Paul Crofts Studio
- Escapism by Daniel Widrig, Iris van Herp…en and .MGX by Materialise
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories