In this interview taken from our series of Dezeen Talks filmed at the Inside awards in Barcelona, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs talks to Nick Barratt-Boyes of Studio Pacific and Ralph Roberts of Warren & Mahoney about their design for a new terminal at Wellington International Airport, where copper-clad structures connect three exisiting buildings.
Barratt-Boyes and Roberts explain how their client's brief for "a design to divide opinion" became the driving force of the project, the controversy it caused and the attractions of their native New Zealand.
- Municipal government moves into OMA's De… Rotterdam skyscraper
- Mint by Smith & Wightman and BCMH
- Fourth Plinth proposals unveiled for Tra…falgar Square
- Plaza Nueva Pharmacy by MOBIL M
- LN-CC by Gary Card
- Hearth House by AOC
- Doehler loft renovation by SABO Project …features an irregular clustered storage unit
- Shipping containers are suspended above …shoppers inside Le Utthe boutique
- GreeM hair salon with artifical light an…d shadow by Takara Space Design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories