In this interview taken from our series of Dezeen Talks filmed at the Inside awards in Barcelona, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs talks to Nick Barratt-Boyes of Studio Pacific and Ralph Roberts of Warren & Mahoney about their design for a new terminal at Wellington International Airport, where copper-clad structures connect three exisiting buildings.
Barratt-Boyes and Roberts explain how their client's brief for "a design to divide opinion" became the driving force of the project, the controversy it caused and the attractions of their native New Zealand.
- If I Had A Heart I Could Love You by Mal…ene Hartmann Rasmussen
- Sestosenso by Paul Cocksedge for BMW and… FLOS
- Ciguë designs woven bamboo screens for …Isabel Marant's Bangkok store
- Concrete adds retractable stairs and gym…nast's hoops to Amsterdam hotel suite
- The Surreal House by Carmody Groarke
- Jaime Hayón refurbishes Room 506 in Arn…e Jacobsen's SAS Hotel
- CaSA renovates Rocha Apartment with an a…ssortment of tiles
- Aesop's first shop in Seoul features rec…ycled pine and blackened-steel fittings
- Rough Luxe Hotel by Rabih Hage
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories