In this interview taken from our series of Dezeen Talks filmed at the Inside awards in Barcelona, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs talks to Nick Barratt-Boyes of Studio Pacific and Ralph Roberts of Warren & Mahoney about their design for a new terminal at Wellington International Airport, where copper-clad structures connect three exisiting buildings.
Barratt-Boyes and Roberts explain how their client's brief for "a design to divide opinion" became the driving force of the project, the controversy it caused and the attractions of their native New Zealand.
- 24 Issey Miyake Shop by Nendo
- Vinegar Cafe by Himematsu Architecture
- Matted electric cables cover the surfa…ces of a Tokyo bar by Kengo Kuma
- Aesop Saint-Honoré by March Studio
- Great Indoors Awards winners
- The Silence Room at Selfridges by Alex… Cochrane Architects
- Twin House by Nook Architects
- Dezeen's most popular interior design …projects of 2014
- Eclépens apartment interiors with box…y wooden furniture by Big-Game
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories