In this interview taken from our series of Dezeen Talks filmed at the Inside awards in Barcelona, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs talks to Nick Barratt-Boyes of Studio Pacific and Ralph Roberts of Warren & Mahoney about their design for a new terminal at Wellington International Airport, where copper-clad structures connect three exisiting buildings.
Barratt-Boyes and Roberts explain how their client's brief for "a design to divide opinion" became the driving force of the project, the controversy it caused and the attractions of their native New Zealand.
- Louis Vuitton Maison by Peter Marino
- Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health by Fran…k Gehry
- Rio Cinema by 1:2:3 and Kristoffer Sundi…n
- Stuart Weitzman shoe boutique by Zaha Ha…did
- Project Orange reconfigures interior of …Hopkins' Tracey House
- Camper store in London by Tokujin Yoshio…ka
- Takashi Murakami at Design Miami
- LTSC Project by Zellnerplus
- White Dormitory for Il Vento by Case-Rea…l
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories