In this interview taken from our series of Dezeen Talks filmed at the Inside awards in Barcelona, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs talks to Nick Barratt-Boyes of Studio Pacific and Ralph Roberts of Warren & Mahoney about their design for a new terminal at Wellington International Airport, where copper-clad structures connect three exisiting buildings.
Barratt-Boyes and Roberts explain how their client's brief for "a design to divide opinion" became the driving force of the project, the controversy it caused and the attractions of their native New Zealand.
- Fiii Fun House cafe by Íris Cantante fe…atures wooden swing seats
- Rock Series by Arik Levy at Design Miami…/Basel
- Polka Gelato by Vonsung
- Movie of Future Systems and Ross Lovegro…ve at the London Design Festival
- Aesop's first shop in Seoul features rec…ycled pine and blackened-steel fittings
- Microsoft Headquarters in Vienna by Inno…cad
- Studio MK27 surrounds Rio lighting showr…oom with wooden lattice
- VilaSofa store by Tjep.
- Maison boutique by Sybarite
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories