In this interview taken from our series of Dezeen Talks filmed at the Inside awards in Barcelona, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs talks to Nick Barratt-Boyes of Studio Pacific and Ralph Roberts of Warren & Mahoney about their design for a new terminal at Wellington International Airport, where copper-clad structures connect three exisiting buildings.
Barratt-Boyes and Roberts explain how their client's brief for "a design to divide opinion" became the driving force of the project, the controversy it caused and the attractions of their native New Zealand.
- Carl Trenfield adds perforated timber ar…ound the rooms and stairs of a London home
- AG Cafe by Kidosaki Architects Studio
- ‘Mat, Satiné, Brilliant’ by Maison …Martin Margiela
- Hilton Pattaya Hotel by Department of Ar…chitecture
- Jade Museum by Archi-Union
- Spontaneous City in the Tree of Heavenby… London Fieldworks
- Nendo creates pastel optical illusions f…or Japanese design exhibition display
- Headvertising office by Corvin Cristian
- Google Japan by Klein Dytham Architectur…e
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories