In this interview taken from our series of Dezeen Talks filmed at the Inside awards in Barcelona, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs talks to Nick Barratt-Boyes of Studio Pacific and Ralph Roberts of Warren & Mahoney about their design for a new terminal at Wellington International Airport, where copper-clad structures connect three exisiting buildings.
Barratt-Boyes and Roberts explain how their client's brief for "a design to divide opinion" became the driving force of the project, the controversy it caused and the attractions of their native New Zealand.
- Job Lounge at the Groninger Museum by St…udio Job
- Brooklyn warehouse overhauled by Snøhet…ta to create art studio for painter José Parlá
- Jacobs-Yaniv Architects creates pilates …studio for Paralympic swimmer
- García Miguélez Jewelers by Carlos Per…eda Iglesias and Óscar Pérez Silanes
- Loft apartment with super-thin staircase…s by ADN Architectures
- Sierra Space by Logan Johnson Architectu…re
- Bastogne by ADN Architectures
- Durasafe Store by Ministry of Design
- Mint by Smith & Wightman and BCMH
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories