In this interview taken from our series of Dezeen Talks filmed at the Inside awards in Barcelona, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs talks to Nick Barratt-Boyes of Studio Pacific and Ralph Roberts of Warren & Mahoney about their design for a new terminal at Wellington International Airport, where copper-clad structures connect three exisiting buildings.
Barratt-Boyes and Roberts explain how their client's brief for "a design to divide opinion" became the driving force of the project, the controversy it caused and the attractions of their native New Zealand.
- Toy Factory Loft by Zellnerplus
- Microsoft Headquarters in Vienna by In…nocad
- Baker D Chirico by March Studio
- James Cameron store, Melbourne by Univ…ersal Design Studio
- Spar supermarket displays groceries be…tween curved wooden ribs
- Metal Staircase by Francesco Librizzi …Studio
- Mobile furniture and giant hammocks al…low work and play inside a Russian home
- Xile by Mats Karlsson
- Aesop Newbury Street by William O’Br…ien Jr.
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories