In this interview taken from our series of Dezeen Talks filmed at the Inside awards in Barcelona, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs talks to Nick Barratt-Boyes of Studio Pacific and Ralph Roberts of Warren & Mahoney about their design for a new terminal at Wellington International Airport, where copper-clad structures connect three exisiting buildings.
Barratt-Boyes and Roberts explain how their client's brief for "a design to divide opinion" became the driving force of the project, the controversy it caused and the attractions of their native New Zealand.
- Aesop's first shop in Seoul features rec…ycled pine and blackened-steel fittings
- Apartment Refurbishment in Consell de Ce…nt by Bach Arquitectes
- New Pinterest board: offices
- Young Creative Poland at the London Desi…gn Festival
- Renovation Bruges by Room & Room
- Cohta Asano divides Japanese hair salon …with diamond-shaped partitions
- Delicate staircase leads to Isle of Wate…r attic extension by Five AM
- Vopnabúrið by Sruli Recht
- Giada Milan flagship store by Claudio Si…lvestrin
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories