The Temporium: this series of knotted collar pieces made of rope by London-based designer Helena Westerlind is today's entry to our Advent calendar.
Knotted is a new brand launched by recent graduate Westerlind at our Christmas shop The Temporium.
Each item is individually hand-knotted in cotton rope.
They're available in black and white.
Here's some more information about Helen:
Helena Westerlind graduated from the Architectural Association this year.
The rope formations of her collection are inspired by the material qualities of rope and traditional techniques such as knitting and crochet.
These can be formed into a structured surface through knotting.
Knotting organises the continuous nature of the material through repeated movements and creates a level of complexity.
All the pieces have been individually hand-knotted by the designer in such a way that the resulting structures also enhance the nature of the rope.
Dezeen presents The Temporium
65 Monmouth Street
Seven Dials, Covent Garden
London WC2H 9DG
020 7503 7319
1-24 December 2011
Monday – Saturday: 11:00 – 19:00
Late-night shopping Thursday until 20:00
Sunday: 12:00 – 17:00
More info: www.thetemporium.com
- Movie: Yuri Suzuki at Designers in Resid…ence 2012
- A Touch of Green at Droog
- EXTL pendant lights by David Irwin for D…eadgood
- Bookinist by Nils Holger Moormann
- Arne Jacobsen's Drop chair reintroduced …by Republic of Fritz Hansen
- Fan TV by Fuseproject
- Dezeen's top 10 cycling designs of 2014
- AMO simulates an infinite catwalk for Pr…ada menswear show
- The Smallest Show in Milan by FOC
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories