This movie by photographer Cristobal Palma shows how children playing on roundabouts generate electrical power for three twirling parasols at an installation by Spanish studio Clavel Arquitectos in a Shenzhen public square.
Completed for the Shenzhen & Hong Kong biennale of urbanism/architecture 2011, the lightweight circular canopies reveal their golden undersides when they spin.
See our full story on Dezeen here.
Movie directed and filmed by Cristobal Palma
Edited by Gonzalo Aburto
- Prism by Marcelo Spina and Georgina Hulj…ich
- Y+M Design Office envelops seven blocks …under one roof with Rain Shelter House
- Exploratory Science Museum by CHN Arquit…etos
- CAZA's 100 Walls Church is surrounded by… staggered walls
- Niemeyer's Brasília photographed by And…rew Prokos
- Espacio Talca by Guillermo Hevia García…, José Tomás Rodríguez and Nicolás Urzúa
- MAK Gallery by Space International
- Slideshow feature: Stirling Prize nomine…es
- AIR+PORT by BIG and Tegnestuen Nuuk at t…he Danish Pavilion
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories