This movie by photographer Cristobal Palma shows how children playing on roundabouts generate electrical power for three twirling parasols at an installation by Spanish studio Clavel Arquitectos in a Shenzhen public square.
Completed for the Shenzhen & Hong Kong biennale of urbanism/architecture 2011, the lightweight circular canopies reveal their golden undersides when they spin.
See our full story on Dezeen here.
Movie directed and filmed by Cristobal Palma
Edited by Gonzalo Aburto
- Townhall Schefflenz by Glück+Partner
- TAKA overhauls old Dublin garage to crea…te more living space for Waterloo Lane house
- Centre of Pedagogic Multimedia Resources… by Béal & Blanckaert
- The Blade by Dominique Perrault
- Ruta del Peregrino: Lookout Point by HHF… Architects
- Social Housing in Palma by RipollTizon
- New Pinterest board: renovations
- The Stratford Shoal by Studio Egret West
- 23 East 22nd Street by OMA
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories