This movie by photographer Cristobal Palma shows how children playing on roundabouts generate electrical power for three twirling parasols at an installation by Spanish studio Clavel Arquitectos in a Shenzhen public square.
Completed for the Shenzhen & Hong Kong biennale of urbanism/architecture 2011, the lightweight circular canopies reveal their golden undersides when they spin.
See our full story on Dezeen here.
Movie directed and filmed by Cristobal Palma
Edited by Gonzalo Aburto
- Hampstead Lane by Duggan Morris Archit…ects
- Ryusenji House by Tomoaki Uno Architec…ts
- Metal-recycling plant by Dekleva Grego…ric Arhitekti
- Small Box House by Akasaka Shinichiro …Atelier
- Bamboo "becoming increasingly popular"… in Chinese architecture
- The Volcano Project by Kieren Jones
- BEI-Teesside power plant by Heatherwic…k Studio
- A Room for London by David Kohn and Fi…ona Banner
- TKTS Booth and Father Duffy Square by …Choi Ropiha, Perkins Eastman and PKSB Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories