This movie by photographer Cristobal Palma shows how children playing on roundabouts generate electrical power for three twirling parasols at an installation by Spanish studio Clavel Arquitectos in a Shenzhen public square.
Completed for the Shenzhen & Hong Kong biennale of urbanism/architecture 2011, the lightweight circular canopies reveal their golden undersides when they spin.
See our full story on Dezeen here.
Movie directed and filmed by Cristobal Palma
Edited by Gonzalo Aburto
- Top of Tyrol by Astearchitecture
- The Yas Hotel by Asymptote
- Picnic by Norisada Maeda Atelier
- 32 houses in Poitiers by Lanoire & Courr…ian
- Danish Pavilion at Shanghai Expo 2010 ph…otographed by Roland Halbe
- Fluted brick walls frame scalloped views… of the sky above Thai hotel by Onion
- The Volcano Project by Kieren Jones
- Cairns Botanic Gardens Visitors Centre b…y Charles Wright Architects
- Dunn & Hillam Architects use angled roof… to protect Desert House from the sun
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories