This movie by photographer Cristobal Palma shows how children playing on roundabouts generate electrical power for three twirling parasols at an installation by Spanish studio Clavel Arquitectos in a Shenzhen public square.
Completed for the Shenzhen & Hong Kong biennale of urbanism/architecture 2011, the lightweight circular canopies reveal their golden undersides when they spin.
See our full story on Dezeen here.
Movie directed and filmed by Cristobal Palma
Edited by Gonzalo Aburto
- SeaCity Museum by Wilkinson Eyre Archite…cts
- Kanazawa Umimirai Library by Kazumi Kudo… and Hiroshi Horiba / Coelacanth K&H Architects
- Rough Luxe Hotel by Rabih Hage
- Administration Curricular Building Liceo… María Auxiliadora by Surco Studio
- UR22 by Vincent Snyder Architects
- Villa L by Powerhouse Company and RAU
- Riverside park by Topiaris Landscape Arc…hitecture features a boardwalk and a bird observatory
- Cloud Tower by the next ENTERprise – a…rchitects
- Reinier de Graaf on OMA’s preoccupatio…ns
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories