This movie by photographer Cristobal Palma shows how children playing on roundabouts generate electrical power for three twirling parasols at an installation by Spanish studio Clavel Arquitectos in a Shenzhen public square.
Completed for the Shenzhen & Hong Kong biennale of urbanism/architecture 2011, the lightweight circular canopies reveal their golden undersides when they spin.
See our full story on Dezeen here.
Movie directed and filmed by Cristobal Palma
Edited by Gonzalo Aburto
- Ermitage Cabin by Septembre
- Slideshow: Shearer's Quarters by John Wa…rdle Architects
- Gus Wüstemann uses chipboard-textured c…oncrete for Zurich apartment block
- Pushed Slab by MVRDV
- Franco-Prussian war site hosts block of …flats by Guérin & Pedroza Architects
- Faculty of Business Studies of Mondragon… University by Hoz Fontan Arquitectos
- Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama b…y BFLS
- Angkasa Raya by Buro Ole Scheeren
- Dezeen podcast: John Pawson at the Desig…n Museum
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories