His Alchemy collection features pixellated patterns as though zooming right in on a digital map of the city.
They're made of wool and modal in Italy.
Here are some more details from Zuzunaga:
Alchemy is an ancient tradition whose philosophy underpins much of our work here at Zuzunaga. While in popular culture it is best know for turning metal into gold or creating an ‘elixir of life’, for us, alchemy is inherently about transformation.
Our Alchemy collection is about this process of transformation and follows its methodology. Each design starts from a photograph we have taken of the urban environment. We use this analog image and transform it into a digital one. This enables us to manipulate it and create designs that are then applied to products using different materials and printing techniques.
Alchemy transforms the real into the digital and back again. It transforms the elements and the landscape around us and creates products that enable us to appropriate our environment. It transforms our perceptions of reality and makes the invisible tangible.
Dezeen presents The Temporium
65 Monmouth Street
Seven Dials, Covent Garden
London WC2H 9DG
020 7503 7319
1-24 December 2011
Monday – Saturday: 11:00 – 19:00
Late-night shopping Thursday until 20:00
Sunday: 12:00 – 17:00
More info: www.thetemporium.com
- Stone Spray Robot by Anna Kulik, Inder S…hergill and Petr Novikov
- Up by TAF for Muuto
- Onduler and Sakulight by Chihiro Tanaka
- Buro by DesignWright for Lexon
- Seven Designers for Seven Dials installa…tions curated by Dezeen
- 28 Series Desk Lamp by Omer Arbel for Bo…cci
- Leather furniture by Tortie Hoare
- Intanto by Mario Trimarchi for Alessi
- Koz Susani Design imagines food of the f…uture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories